Can I Still Use My Engineering Skills in a Management Position?

• Thread starter MMImpel
  • Start date
In summary, as an engineer transitioning into a management position, you can still utilize your engineering skills in various ways. These skills, such as problem solving, critical thinking, and attention to detail, are highly valued in a management role and can help you effectively lead and make strategic decisions. Additionally, your technical knowledge can also be applied in areas such as project management, budgeting, and resource allocation. However, it is important to also develop skills in communication, teamwork, and leadership to excel in a management position. Overall, your engineering background can be a valuable asset in a managerial role, allowing you to approach challenges and make data-driven decisions.
MMImpel
How did you find PF?
I googled physics forum and found this forum.
Hello!

I am a male, 31 years old with a Msc. in Mechanical Engineering working in Sweden at a small company developing different types of components (very broad industry range). I have a management position, so I do not work with calculations and simulations as I did before, which is something I miss sometimes. I found problem solving, using physics and maths when applicable very fun, and that's why I became a member at this site. I hope that I can get some advice from time to time whenever I come across a problem that I can understand better using rough calculations.

Likes DaveE and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
MMImpel said:
How did you find PF?: I googled physics forum and found this forum.

Hello!

I am a male, 31 years old with a Msc. in Mechanical Engineering working in Sweden at a small company developing different types of components (very broad industry range). I have a management position, so I do not work with calculations and simulations as I did before, which is something I miss sometimes. I found problem solving, using physics and maths when applicable very fun, and that's why I became a member at this site. I hope that I can get some advice from time to time whenever I come across a problem that I can understand better using rough calculations.
Hello and :welcome: !

Have fun and stay curious!

Thank you guys!