Who is Sigrid? Exploring the Underrated Music of a Young Norwegian Artist

• Thread starter DennisN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary: I don't know what to choose.I like alternative and classic rock with a few random songs sprinkled in.I like this song. Its really cute.This Requiem of Spirit version is too epic for this world.Let's bring back retro 70's!In summary, the very talented 21 year old Norwegian singer and songwriter Sigrid received a DMCA request to take down the previous "Best songs ever" thread, so she started a new one. She says she cannot pick a favorite song or artist, and that there are too many good songs to choose from. She lists some of her favorite songs and performers, including Boston, Japan, and Paul Simon. She finishes the summary by saying that harmony was a creation of the bar
I really like the feeling in this downtempo song, quite cinematic:

Sonic Cube feat. Sabrina S - Astray

Likes morrobay
Physics news on Phys.org
And here's another downtempo song I really like (I can't remember if I have posted it before).
It's actually a remix of an upbeat trance song, but I like this remixed version far more than the original:

Alex M.O.R.P.H ft, Ana Criado - Sunset Boulevard (Purple Acoustic Mix)

I think I've posted this song before, but here's a great new live performance of it.
I really like this song. :smile:

Roosevelt - Easy Way Out (Live on KEXP)

Some more early 60s U.S.A.

Likes StevieTNZ
I just learned that this is the original song (and that the Bananarama one is a cover of it).
I like the original far more:

Shocking Blue - Venus (Video)

Likes Spinnor, Oldman too, collinsmark and 1 other person

Greg Bernhardt said:
FYI the last thread was taken down because I received a DMCA request. Share away again, but if I receive another I'll have to remove this thread too.
Things have changed. Youtube detects copyright a priori and directs the income to the copyright holder. In the rare case of a DMCA request it would be expected to go directly to Youtube.

Last edited:

Carwash!

What's with this "video unavailable" stuff? It's my vid and I didn't ask for that. This never happened before. Well, this is what it looks like.

1646917870111.jpeg

Likes morrobay
Hornbein said:
What's with this "video unavailable" stuff? It's my vid and I didn't ask for that. This never happened before. Well, this is what it looks like.
Well that's confusing.
I have been wondering if there is some clue in youtube to when this might happen.
This is another instance of "seems like there isn't".

Hornbein said:

You can watch it on YouTube (clicking the link in the area where the video would otherwise be).

YouTube will often disable embedding for reasons of monetization and copyright. This is very common with copyrighted music within a YouTube video. You can still watch (and listen) to the video, you just need to do it from YouTube's site, and not some other site like PF.

collinsmark said:
You can watch it on YouTube (clicking the link in the area where the video would otherwise be).

YouTube will often disable embedding for reasons of monetization and copyright. This is very common with copyrighted music within a YouTube video. You can still watch (and listen) to the video, you just need to do it from YouTube's site, and not some other site like PF.
I make Youtube videos. I have seen no option to turn this off or on, and I've never seen this phenonenon anywhere else. Maybe the embedded player PF uses is outdated.

So I did an experiment. I embedded this video in Facebook and it worked just fine. The problem is with PF.

• Informative
Likes BillTre
Hornbein said:
I make Youtube videos. I have seen no option to turn this off or on, and I've never seen this phenonenon anywhere else. Maybe the embedded player PF uses is outdated.

So I did an experiment. I embedded this video in Facebook and it worked just fine. The problem is with PF.
I've posted a few videos to YouTube too, most of them for PF, here.

I'm guessing your video was flagged because maybe your video does not have the licensed copyright privileges for the song, "Car Wash" written by Norman Whitfield (with original artist Rose Royce).

If your video is flagged for copyrighted material (YouTube's algorithm does this automatically), it's demonetized (which might not be a big deal if you're not posting videos to make money), and it may also be subject to other things, such as possibly disabling embedding.

-----------

But if you want to check that the issue is with your YouTube setting or something else, try this next time when publishing a YouTube video:

1. Sign into YouTube's Studio Content Manager.
2. Either upload a new video or edit the draft of an already uploaded, but not published, video.
3. In the "Details" section, scroll down to the bottom and click "SHOW MORE."
4. Scroll down to the "License" section.
5. Make sure the "Allow embedding" checkbox is checked.

If you've checked that box and still can't embed your video, I'm guessing it's due to a copyright issue.

----

Edit: Oh, and you can check existing (already published) videos of yours by hovering your mouse over the video in question (after signing into YouTube's Studio Content Manager), and clicking the "Details" option that looks like a pencil. Otherwise, the above instructions are the same.

Last edited:
collinsmark said:
5. Make sure the "Allow embedding" checkbox is checked.

If you've checked that box and still can't embed your video, I'm guessing it's due to a copyright issue.
The "allow embedding" box is checked. If its a copyright issue then why can I embed the vid in Facebook but not in PF?

Hornbein said:
The "allow embedding" box is checked. If its a copyright issue then why can I embed the vid in Facebook but not in PF?

I don't know. Facebook and YouTube have a different set of lawyers, I guess.

Edit: btw, can you embed the facebook version here on PF? Maybe that's an alternative solution.

collinsmark said:
I don't know. Facebook and YouTube have a different set of lawyers, I guess.

Edit: btw, can you embed the facebook version here on PF? Maybe that's an alternative solution.
I can embed the Youtube vid in Facebook but not in PF.

Hornbein said:
I can embed the Youtube vid in Facebook but not in PF.
Really? For me, Facebook hasn't embedded YouTube videos for years. Facebook just provides a link to the video; if you click on it, it redirects you to YouTube.

If you want Facebook to play the video directly, you need to upload the raw video to Facebook, not link a YouTube video. At least that's its behavior for me.

Hello can someone internet savvy track down the sound track on this TikTok video. The song artist is displayed on lower left. If you could link, I really like the way this has got it going on. https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSd8aP8fm/

up

What music are you listening to right now?

I'm currently listening to Psycho by Muse.

I'm listening to night insects, crickets or grasshoppers I guess.

Male grackle calling for mates in the ash tree out front. Mourning doves sighing and tweeting ;-).

Medley of Jocelyn Pook music waiting as I finish breakfast of coffee, fruit and flaxseed waffles.

Last edited:
Listening to All Apologies by Nirvana RN 😊

Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy​

Masterpiece 😚 💓

• Love
Likes DennisN

Isopod said:
Masterpiece
I agree.
And I also think "Angel" by Massive Attack is a masterpiece.

Another good trip hop song I've listened to lately is this one, very suggestive:

Baby Fox - Rain (In Memory of Rain)

Check out bee hive hair styles on girls.https://youtu.be/h5k8oDa0JrI