Who is Sigrid? Exploring the Underrated Music of a Young Norwegian Artist

• Thread starter DennisN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary: I don't know what to choose.I like alternative and classic rock with a few random songs sprinkled in.I like this song. Its really cute.This Requiem of Spirit version is too epic for this world.Let's bring back retro 70's!In summary, the very talented 21 year old Norwegian singer and songwriter Sigrid received a DMCA request to take down the previous "Best songs ever" thread, so she started a new one. She says she cannot pick a favorite song or artist, and that there are too many good songs to choose from. She lists some of her favorite songs and performers, including Boston, Japan, and Paul Simon. She finishes the summary by saying that harmony was a creation of the bar
BWV said:
Cool, although I find myself laughing at the song sometimes because it’s so over the top - and to me that is part of the idea of the song, laughter is a great counter to this kind of depressive thinking

Swans are very expressionist (exploring extreme states of the human condition through art) - if Failure is not dark enough there is Killing for Company, which tries to get in the mind of Dennis Nilsen - the ‘British Jeffrey Dahmer’

I was going to post another happy video in reply. But I'm also looking for more physics content. Here's a happy physics song.

Likes BWV
Physics news on Phys.org

Aufbauwerk 2045 said:
Sorry, no lyrics on this one. But the cows make up for it.

Likes pinball1970 and Aufbauwerk 2045
This forum topic loaded after about a full minute, due to all the videos it contains.

Likes pinball1970
10K by 10K matrices? No problem. I own you, linear programming.

It's a video thread, right?

symbolipoint said:
This forum topic loaded after about a full minute, due to all the videos it contains.

Yes its certainly grown a little.

It turns out scientists/technologists have the best taste in music, anyway here is some Elvis.

The other one.

Likes Asymptotic, BillTre and Aufbauwerk 2045
When I saw this video for the first time, just last night, my first impression was that I thought it was very high quality video for something from the early 60s. Then I realized it's from the present day! LOL. I love the culture this video represents. Kudos to these people for their brilliant work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also came across this Cowsills video early this morning, after spending a huge number of hours working on a problem and then finally solving it.

They are all brilliant. In this video in particular, the drummer is amazing and so is the dancer. I admire the nuances in the drummer's performance. His sense of rhythm seems flawless. Such awesome talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aufbauwerk 2045 said:
I also came across this Cowsills video early this morning, after spending a huge number of hours working on a problem and then finally solving it.

They are all brilliant. In this video in particular, the drummer is amazing and so is the dancer. I admire the nuances in the drummer's performance. His sense of rhythm seems flawless. Such awesome talent.

P. S. You can find other versions, with a more polished mix, but I like this live performance.

I’m thinking about using this song for my floor music this year. :biggrin:

Likes DennisN and pinball1970
I love the intro for this song.

Likes DennisN
This song's rhythm:

Sounds like:

Anyone knows what is the language used in that song?

Likes Asymptotic
I have many favorite songs from the movies, but if I were to pick the best intro tune for a movie, this one will be #1 hands down. It was spectacular when I first saw it at the movie theater, and it continues to be spectacular upon each viewing on a large screen TV in 5.1 surround-sound played LOUD! The movie has become a cult hit for Disney, and almost every major character in the movie has a following among its fans. It is the best work that Danny Elfman has ever produced, in my opinion.

Zz.

Likes DennisN
ZapperZ said:
I have many favorite songs from the movies, but if I were to pick the best intro tune for a movie, this one will be #1 hands down.
Cool "subtopic", intro tunes!

I would probably choose

but I will think about more nice intro songs.

Likes pinball1970
More nice intro songs:

"The Grid" by Daft Punk for Tron: Legacy (though it's too short in my opinion)

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) - iconic, and a great song

Likes pinball1970
DennisN said:
More nice intro songs:The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) - iconic, and a great song

I found this recently

Likes DennisN
pinball1970 said:
I found this recently
Very cool, and great sound quality!

More on the cowboy theme...
Here the UK rock band Muse plays the theme from Once Upon a Time in the West as an intro to their own song Knights Of Cydonia:

Likes pinball1970

One for the ages!

Likes DennisN

Until we meet again my little brother.
Words cannot express how much we miss you. I love you.

Likes Stavros Kiri and DennisN
I saw this tight live performance on the tube today, which I liked:

And an update...
DennisN said:
I will see Sigrid and her band live on July 7... [] and I am going to see the good rock band Monster Magnet live very soon

Sigrid was excellent live, she was extremely talented and energetic on stage.
Here is one song filmed by me, where she absolutely nails the song and effectively engages the audience (about 5'000 attended, and I was merely 10 meters from the stage). The video is a little blurry in the beginning due to poor autofocus :H, but it gets better pretty quick.

And a great live rock performance by Monster Magnet filmed by me (it was really, really loud live :smile:):

Happy weekend!

Last edited:
DennisN said:

Here the UK rock band Muse plays the theme from Once Upon a Time in the West as an intro to their own song Knights Of Cydonia:

Nice little homage that. Tonnes of films/TV I would do that with with from if I had an opportunity to play in front of a big audience.

like this for instance, the outro still breaks my heart a little

That's weird I didnt realize we are both showing Vitruvian man! Mine is behind a drum kit tho

DennisN said:

Those bendy notes on the harmonica reminded me of another brilliant movie with a lovely theme tune.

since I am back in the 60s...

Likes Stavros Kiri
Cry guitar cry...

Likes pinball1970 and Stavros Kiri
Keep Shelly in Athens - Game Over (Daniel's Scene) - LIVE STUDIO SESSIONS @ SAE ATHENS

Likes Stavros Kiri
Deja vu - Dionne Warwick

A sad end for Dolores, her inquest was last week. I didnt know what Zombie was about till really recently. I used to dance to it as a student.

Likes DennisN and Stavros Kiri

Likes DennisN, Spinnor and Stavros Kiri
Ive been looking for this forever

Its a different version but can anyone hear two notes in Macca's voice at 3.08?

I,ove the piano at the end , I assume its Macca getting bored.

pinball1970 said:
A sad end for Dolores, her inquest was last week.
Sad and inglorious end indeed! She drowned in London Hilton bathtub (last January) heavily drunk, the inquest showed ...

Stavros Kiri said:
Sad and inglorious end indeed! She drowned in London Hilton bathtub (last January) heavily drunk, the inquest showed ...

She had mental health problems and from what I have read was on and off the drink. Shame, her voice was different and I love that song, more now I know what its about.

Just amazing vocals (live), and an amazing song:
(by the UK rock band Nothing But Thieves)

"If I Get High" (Live Session)

And from the same band, a great fierce rock track which I really like:

"Number 13"

Likes Fig Neutron and pinball1970
DennisN said:
Just amazing vocals (live), and an amazing song:
(by the UK rock band Nothing But Thieves)

"If I Get High" (Live Session)

And from the same band, a great fierce rock track which I really like:

"Number 13"

I like her voice, just not enough time in the day to listen to all this stuff properly. Its all I did as a kid, a simpler time.

Likes DennisN