Which Threads Should Be Included in the General Discussion Classics?

In summary, the General Discussion classics thread has been reopened and users are encouraged to submit their favorite threads, including those from the "Random Thoughts" section. However, there seems to be little interest in keeping the thread stickied. The thread includes popular posts such as tribdog's hilarious attempt to cover up burning his girlfriend's carpet and the infamous mouse trap incident. The poll for whether or not to keep the thread stickied will remain open for a few more days, but the drawing thread will not be locked.

Shall we keep GD Classics?

• Keep it, it's great!

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Let it die

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Physics news on Phys.org
Let's get some great submissions of your favorite threads. C'mon people! :)

Likes Lizabella
And don't be shy! If the great thread is yours, submit it! Also, if it was a post in "Random thoughts", those can also be submitted! Let's not lose those classics! I know many a post in Random Thoughts made me spew. :-p

Likes Lizabella
Well, there just doesn't seem to be much interest in keeping the Classics thread stickied, so sad, it used to be so popular. Where tribdog tries to "cover up" burning his girlfriends carpet with a soda bottle is a riot, and the mouse trap, I still spew when I read that. :oldcry:

I'll keep the poll open a couple more days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just don't lock my drawing thread. I'll still add to it now and then.

Likes dlgoff

Related to Which Threads Should Be Included in the General Discussion Classics?

1. What is "General discussion classics"?

"General discussion classics" refers to a collection of classic or notable discussions that have taken place in a particular field or topic. These discussions often contain valuable insights, ideas, and perspectives that have stood the test of time.

2. Why are "General discussion classics" important?

"General discussion classics" are important because they provide a foundation for understanding a particular field or topic. These discussions have often shaped the current state of knowledge and can serve as a starting point for further research and exploration.

3. How are "General discussion classics" selected?

The selection of "General discussion classics" is often based on their impact, influence, and relevance to a particular field or topic. These discussions are often chosen by experts in the field, or by a group of peers, based on their significance and contribution to the field.

4. Can "General discussion classics" be updated or revised?

While the original discussions cannot be updated or revised, new discussions or analyses can be added to the collection. This can provide new perspectives and insights on the original discussion and can further contribute to the understanding of the topic.

5. How can "General discussion classics" be used in research?

"General discussion classics" can be used as references or sources in research to provide historical context and to support arguments or claims. They can also inspire new research ideas and serve as a starting point for further investigation.