Where to Post CAD Questions on the Forum?

• Thread starter ecfedele
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cad
In summary, The appropriate place for CAD-related topics on this board would be in the Mechanical Engineering section. This includes questions about advice on constructing a Francis-vane impeller, as the primary focus is on computer geometry aspects rather than the design itself. While there may be some discussions about CAD tools in other subforums, the Computing and Technology forum also has a lot of CAD-related questions.
ecfedele
Hey folks,

Just wondering where the appropriate place to put CAD-related topics on this board would be.

To give some context, I was thinking about posting a question about advice on constructing a Francis-vane impeller, so it feels like it falls in the mechanical engineering section; yet it doesn't have any physics- or engineering-related facets. The question I had in mind deals with primarily the computer geometry aspects of the design, rather than the design itself.

I know of at least one thread in the Mech Eng subforum that dealt with CAD questions, but it was more of a discussion as to which CAD tools were most advantageous for industry jobs.

That being said, if anyone can give me some advice here in this thread with the above issue, it'd be more than helpful. Impellers aren't known for having friendly geometries.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, let's start with ME. If it needs to be moved, please just send me a private message. :smile:

1. Where can I find CAD questions?

CAD questions can be found in various places, such as online forums, CAD software communities, and specialized websites for CAD users. You can also ask for CAD help from colleagues or your CAD instructor.

2. Are there specific categories for CAD questions?

Yes, there are specific categories for CAD questions, such as 2D drafting, 3D modeling, rendering, animation, and simulation. You can also find categories for different CAD software, such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and SketchUp.

3. Can I ask CAD questions on general Q&A websites?

It is not recommended to ask CAD questions on general Q&A websites, as they may not have the expertise or resources to provide accurate answers. It is best to ask on specialized CAD forums or communities.

4. What is the best way to ask CAD questions?

The best way to ask CAD questions is to provide as much detail as possible about your issue, including screenshots or drawings if applicable. Also, make sure to ask your question in the appropriate category or forum to get the most relevant answers.

5. Can I get help with my CAD project on these websites?

Yes, you can get help with your CAD project on these websites, but it is important to keep in mind that these are not design services. You can ask for assistance with specific questions or issues, but it is not appropriate to ask for someone to do your entire project for you.