Where Can I Find Practice Questions for Introductory Physics?

• Thread starter Peachhow
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Database
In summary, the conversation is about a person who is new to a physics forum and is looking for resources to help them with their first year physics course at the University of Lethbridge. They mention struggling with the math portion and ask for recommendations for websites with practice problems and solutions. Another forum member suggests a few helpful websites and shares that they are also from Alberta.
Peachhow
Hi,
This is my first post as I am new to these forums but I was searching for a database which could give me practice questions along with solutions for introductory physics. I am currently in a first year physics course at the University of Lethbridge. The course deals with mechanics, linear motion, rotational motion, waves, fluids, work and energy, and applications of Newtons laws.

http://people.uleth.ca/~k.vos/courses/Physics1050/" is a link to our class website:

I have never taken a physics class before (not even in high school because I wanted nothing to do with it) but I am rather enjoying this class. I have learn a lot about physics and there is still much to learn and I want to learn it. I am just looking for something to help me out with the math portion as I am having a few troubles.

I used the search tool to try and find another thread which deals with this topic but I could not find one so I am sorry if this has already been brought up. If anyone knows of a good site which could give me some problems which I can solve it would be very appreciated. Ideally it would be nice if it could give me solutions as well as step by step advice when I happen to have troubles.

Thanks,

Edit: By the way, my name is Gerrit. Nice to meet you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Gerrit,

Welcome to the world of physics! It's great to hear that you are enjoying your first year course at the University of Lethbridge. I can definitely understand the importance of practice and problem-solving in mastering any subject, especially physics.

There are many resources available online for practice problems in introductory physics. One great resource is Khan Academy, which offers a wide range of physics topics with practice questions and detailed solutions. Another option is Physics Classroom, which offers interactive tutorials and practice problems with step-by-step solutions.

In addition, your class website seems to have some useful resources, including practice problems and review sheets. I would also recommend checking with your professor or teaching assistant for additional resources or practice problems.

Remember, practice makes perfect in physics, so keep at it and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed. Good luck in your studies!

Related to Where Can I Find Practice Questions for Introductory Physics?

1. What is a practice questions database?

A practice questions database is a collection of questions and answers designed to help individuals prepare for exams or improve their knowledge in a particular subject. It can be in various formats, such as online platforms, books, or flashcards, and typically covers a wide range of topics.

2. How can a practice questions database help me?

A practice questions database can help you by providing a structured and organized way to review and test your knowledge. It allows you to practice answering questions similar to those you may encounter on exams, helping you identify areas where you need to focus and improve.

3. Are practice questions databases reliable?

The reliability of a practice questions database depends on its source and quality. It is essential to choose a reputable and well-reviewed database from a trusted source. Additionally, it is crucial to use the database as a supplement to your learning and not rely on it solely for exam preparation.

4. How should I use a practice questions database?

There are various ways to use a practice questions database, depending on your learning style and preferences. Some people prefer to go through the questions and answers systematically, while others prefer to randomize the order. It is also helpful to track your progress and revisit questions you struggled with to reinforce your understanding.

5. Can I create my own practice questions database?

Yes, you can create your own practice questions database by compiling questions and answers from various sources, such as textbooks, lectures, and online resources. This can be a helpful study tool, as it allows you to tailor the questions to your specific needs and learning objectives.