What is the easiest way to like a post on a PC/laptop?

• Thread starter TomDelargy
  • Start date
In summary, the easiest way to like a post on a PC/laptop is by clicking on the "like" button located below the post. Alternatively, you can also double-click on the post or press the "L" key on your keyboard to like it. Some social media platforms also allow you to hover your cursor over the post and click on the "like" option that appears. Additionally, you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate to the "like" button and then press the "enter" key to like the post.
TomDelargy
Name is Tom Delargy. I'm not as old as the universe, but am getting on a bit and would quite like to learn the meaning of life, the universe and everything before I kick the bucket. Kinda hoping someone here will point me in the right direction before I pop my clogs. As a young man I wanted to study physics, but my maths badly let me down. I am trying, late in the day, to do something about that. Also embarrassed about how much physics I had forgotten, and embarrassed to learn how important were the bits of physics I never bothered to get to grips with because they seemed too trivial to care about. Here to learn, and maybe to pose a few questions. My ignorance is vast, so please be patient.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums.

Sorry for the delay in acknowledging the welcome. Assume as a layman I should probably keep a low profile until I learn more how this works. Hoped to click a Like button or something to acknowledge as simply as possible. Maybe there is one, but I also suffer from dyslexia, so I may not see things right under my nose. Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

Likes S.G. Janssens
TomDelargy said:
Assume as a layman I should probably keep a low profile until I learn more how this works.
As long as you ask questions and pay attention to the answers, I don't think you need to keep a low profile. Here is more help on forum use.
TomDelargy said:
Hoped to click a Like button or something to acknowledge as simply as possible. Maybe there is one, but I also suffer from dyslexia, so I may not see things right under my nose.
The "like" button is in the lower right corner under each post. Here, you got one yourself.

Thanks for this response. Very helpful.

TomDelargy said:
Hoped to click a Like button or something to acknowledge as simply as possible. Maybe there is one, but I also suffer from dyslexia, so I may not see things right under my nose.
If you are on a PC/laptop, hover your mouse around near the bottom of the post you want to Like. When you hover there, some blue text links will pop up, "Like Quote Reply"..

(I have no idea how to do it on a phone)

Related to What is the easiest way to like a post on a PC/laptop?

1. How do I like a post on a PC or laptop?

To like a post on a PC or laptop, simply hover your mouse over the post and click on the "Like" button that appears.

2. Is there a keyboard shortcut for liking a post on a PC or laptop?

Unfortunately, there is no keyboard shortcut for liking a post on a PC or laptop. You will need to use your mouse to click on the "Like" button.

3. Can I like a post without opening it on a PC or laptop?

Yes, you can like a post without opening it by hovering your mouse over the post and clicking on the "Like" button that appears. You do not need to open the post to like it.

4. How do I unlike a post on a PC or laptop?

To unlike a post on a PC or laptop, simply hover your mouse over the post and click on the "Liked" button that appears. This will remove your like from the post.

5. Can I like a post on a PC or laptop without being logged into my account?

No, you must be logged into your account in order to like a post on a PC or laptop. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to log in before you can like the post.