What are some ways to incorporate photography into the study of physics?

• Thread starter jrolon4
  • Start date
In summary, incorporating photography into the study of physics can provide visual aids and real-life examples for students to understand complex concepts. It can also be used to analyze motion and capture experiments. Other ways to integrate photography include using it as a tool for data collection and analysis, incorporating it into projects and presentations, and exploring the physics behind photography itself. Additionally, incorporating photography into the study of physics can help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills as they apply physics principles to capture and interpret images.
jrolon4
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hello everyone! My name is John Rolon (JayRo for short) and I am currently in the Physics program at ASU. My hobbies include film/digital photography and drifting off into space wondering about everything going on in the universe. I am here to learn and absorb as much as I can and IF I can help someone out then I'll be happy to do so. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers,
JayRo

Likes PeroK and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums, JayRo. Many members enjoy film and digital photography. For example, this forum contains an ongoing photo contest where we post our photographs based on a weekly theme. As primarily a painter I find the rules restrictive <joke>, but enjoy seeing member's photos.

Other members post digital renderings, favorite deep space photos, numerous instructional videos, and a wide variety of visual media.

Likes jrolon4
jrolon4 said:
ASU
Alabama State University? Arkansas State University? or...? :oldwink:

jtbell said:
Alabama State University? Arkansas State University? or...? :oldwink:
Arizona State University. Didn't even think about the rest of the schools with the same acronym.

Likes Klystron
Klystron said:
Welcome to Physics Forums, JayRo. Many members enjoy film and digital photography. For example, this forum contains an ongoing photo contest where we post our photographs based on a weekly theme. As primarily a painter I find the rules restrictive <joke>, but enjoy seeing member's photos.

Other members post digital renderings, favorite deep space photos, numerous instructional videos, and a wide variety of visual media.
AWESOME! I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks!