What is the best book for learning about quantum mechanics for non-physicists?

• Thread starter borib
  • Start date
In summary, the best book for non-physicists to learn about quantum mechanics is "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman. This book provides a clear and accessible introduction to the fundamental concepts of quantum mechanics, including wave-particle duality, uncertainty principle, and superposition. It also includes exercises and examples to help readers understand the complex ideas. Overall, "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" is a highly recommended resource for those interested in learning about this fascinating field of physics.
borib
How did you find PF?
Google Search
Hello everybody,

I'm Roberto 32 years old from Italy. I work as web developer but I have an interest in science.
I was learning about quantum physics and a question came into my mind.
So I searched for places like this where I can discuss about physics with other people.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

A good reference for Quantum Mechanics is the Leonard Susskind book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0465062903/?tag=pfamazon01-20

It gets into more detail and more the way a physicist understands QM than any popular science book. There is some level of math required but he wrote the book for folks interested in QM who have been out of college for 20 years or so.

Please take some time to read our guidelines (see link below in my signature) as we are a heavily moderated site and there are some fringe science topics that we don't discuss like perpetual motion or other topics that appear to violate the laws of physics as we know them today.

Likes borib