What is Musical Acoustics? Insights from a Retired Physics Professor

• Thread starter DGMegli
  • Start date
In summary, musical acoustics is the study of the physical properties and principles behind the production, transmission, and perception of sound in music. It combines elements of physics, mathematics, and engineering to understand how instruments and voices create and manipulate sound waves, as well as how listeners perceive and interpret them. A retired physics professor can offer unique insights into the intricate relationships between musical instruments, acoustics, and human perception, shedding light on the science behind the beauty of music.
DGMegli
How did you find PF?
searched on internet for "publishing physics article online"
Hi to all at PF. I am a retired assistant professor of physics. I taught a variety of courses for 37+ years. I developed and taught a course in musical acoustics. I enjoy helping my grandchildren with math, physics and science fair project.

Likes berkeman and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you. I hope that you participate in our various forums. You may also be interested in helping our homework forums where we help students with their problems.Look at our Insights blog, where we publish informal "papers" (I prefer the word article.).

https://www.physicsforums.com/insights

Welcome!