Exploring the Intersection of Physics and Music: A Musician's Journey

• Thread starter Quark Effect
  • Start date
In summary, the intersection of physics and music has been a fascinating journey for musicians. From understanding the physical properties of sound and how it travels, to exploring the mathematical relationships in music theory, the two disciplines have a deep connection. Musicians have also utilized principles of physics in the design and creation of instruments, resulting in innovations that have shaped the evolution of music. This intersection continues to inspire new discoveries and advancements in both fields, highlighting the powerful relationship between science and art.
Quark Effect
How did you find PF?
Google search, wast just looking for science forums. And found one!!!
Hey fellas,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My real name is Kornelijus Pukinskis, originally born in Lithuania, now studying jazz music at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. I am interested in physics, experimental, avant-garde art and music.
89842785_552443008710099_4011089628684615680_n.jpg

I have my own band 'Quark Effect' with which we recently released our first single - 'Lunar Soil' (available on YouTube). Quark Effect focuses on experimental practice with sounds of acoustic instruments and electronics, constantly looking for different approaches to create music. The sound can be described as a mixture of spacious, minimalistic, and rationally intricate themes, followed by idiosyncratic avant-garde stylistics. The music is inspired by the philosophy of theoretical physics (general relativity and quantum mechanics), the sincerity of human feelings and exceptional life moments, events, items, and remarkable stories.
2560 (1).png

I am currently practicing how to sonify various data into listenable music.

Physics has been a real inspiration for me in music. One of my favorite science channels on YT is 'PBS Spacetime'. I also really love popular science books which one of my favorites are 'The Universe In Your Hand', 'The Brief History Of Time', 'The Universe In A Nutshell'.

During the Coronavirus period, my instrument practice time became very limited, so for now, I am investing 90% of the time into gaining more knowledge about the universe. If anyone is interested in collaboration with music and physics, please let me know and get in touch, especially if you are from the UK.

Hope you are all well!

Best Wishes

Likes Klystron and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. Sounds like you are very creative! :smile:

Jazz bagpipes. Who'da thunk it?

• Haha
Likes Quark Effect
Quark Effect said:
The sound can be described as a mixture of spacious, minimalistic, and rationally intricate themes, followed by idiosyncratic avant-garde stylistics. The music is inspired by the philosophy of theoretical physics (general relativity and quantum mechanics), the sincerity of human feelings and exceptional life moments, events, items, and remarkable stories.
Thanks for sharing your musical inspiration. I have experienced abundant fresh ideas to draw, color and paint from PF while also learning more mathematics and physics. Many members study and explore acoustic space and sound. Welcome to Physics Forums.