What are the theories behind the universe and how does math play a role?

• Thread starter kckd
  • Start date
In summary, there are various theories that attempt to explain the existence and functioning of the universe, such as the Big Bang theory, the multiverse theory, and the cyclical universe theory. These theories suggest that the universe is constantly expanding and evolving, and that it may not be the only one in existence. Math plays a crucial role in understanding and supporting these theories, as it allows scientists to make predictions and calculations about the origins and behavior of the universe. From measuring the rate of expansion to predicting the existence of dark matter and energy, math is an essential tool in unraveling the mysteries of our vast and complex universe.
kckd
Hi all,

I’ve recently developed an interest in some of the theories around the nature of the universe, and while I can visualize some of the concepts, the math is way beyond me at this point, so I’m trying to learn more about that side of things. Thanks in advance for helping me better understand physics and the math behind it.

Casey

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: