How Does an Engineering Student Tackle Physics Problems?

• Thread starter Adi_m01
  • Start date
In summary, a new member has joined the community and they are an engineering student. This means they have a strong background in math, science, and problem-solving skills. They will bring a unique perspective and expertise to the group and can contribute to projects related to their field of study. As a student, they may also be eager to learn and gain experience from other members. Overall, their addition to the community can bring new ideas and solutions to challenges faced by the group.
Adi_m01
I am a student at Purdue University, trying to major in Nuclear Engineering. I do have an interest in physics itself, beyond simply my credit requirements, though right now the classes I'm taking are far removed from the more advanced physics behind nuclear reactions.

I generally am good enough at setting up physics problems, and figuring out the variables and steps needed to solve them. What trips me up is sometimes when possible steps seem to contradict each other, either due to overthinking, poor wording on problems, a careless mistake on my part, or sometimes just a simple misconception. My preferred way of learning physics (or anything else) is reading front to back through a textbook, rather than explanations to individual problems, so I'll mostly post here if something small is tripping me up

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, @Adi_m01
We are glad to have you here.
:cool: