What Are the Favorite Topics of a Retired Electronic Engineer from Bremen?

• Thread starter LvW
  • Start date
In summary, the purpose of saying "Hello to all forum members" is to greet and acknowledge all members of the forum community and it is considered good etiquette to do so before sharing thoughts or asking questions. This applies to all forums, including scientific ones, and can be said in any language and at any time during a post. The key is to be sincere and respectful in the greeting.
LvW
My name is Lutz and I am from Bremen/Germany.
I am not a physicist but an electronic engineer - mostly interested in analog electronics.
I have worked for 10 years in electronic industries and for more than 20 years as a lecturer at a university.
Now I am retired and, therefore, I have enough time to concentrate on my favorite subject "Analog Signal Processing" - in particular, active filters and harmonic oscillators.
I am looking forward having nice discussions with some of you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi LvW. Welcome aboard, Lutz.

Bremen? You're not a town musician, by any chance? ;)

Only a dozen or so will read this thread, many more will see your forthcoming posts in other forums. :)

Last edited:
NascentOxygen said:
Bremen? You're not a town musician, by any chance? ;)
No - I am not. So it seems you have heard already about these four nice animals? Or have you visited Bremen already?
Do you know that the whole story originates from a fairy-tale?

LvW said:
No - I am not. So it seems you have heard already about these four nice animals? Or have you visited Bremen already?
Do you know that the whole story originates from a fairy-tale?
From a fairy-tale, yes.

I almost asked do you have any rats (getting my fairy stories confused), but a precautionary check with google revealed that back in time Bremen really did get rid of its rats in an attempt to limit the spread of the plague. Amazing! :)

I suppose, you are referring to a city called "Hameln" (the "Pied piper from Hameln")?

Actually, a real Bremen event. See foot of page. http://www.jstor.org/stable/41455350?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Thank you for the link - never seen such a written document.
And - I have no personal memories because I was too young in 1899;)

Related to What Are the Favorite Topics of a Retired Electronic Engineer from Bremen?

1. What is the purpose of saying "Hello to all forum members"?

The purpose of saying "Hello to all forum members" is to greet and acknowledge all members of the forum community. It is a polite and friendly way to start a conversation or post on the forum.

2. Do I need to say "Hello to all forum members" every time I post on the forum?

No, it is not necessary to say "Hello to all forum members" every time you post on the forum. However, it is considered good etiquette to greet and acknowledge other members before sharing your thoughts or asking a question.

3. Is saying "Hello to all forum members" important in a scientific forum?

Yes, saying "Hello to all forum members" is important in any forum, including scientific ones. It helps create a friendly and welcoming environment for discussion and collaboration among scientists and researchers.

4. Can I say "Hello to all forum members" in a different language?

Yes, you can say "Hello to all forum members" in any language you are comfortable with. It is a universal greeting that is understood and appreciated by members from different backgrounds and cultures.

5. Is there a specific time or way to say "Hello to all forum members"?

No, there is no specific time or way to say "Hello to all forum members". You can say it at the beginning or end of your post, or even in the middle. The important thing is to be sincere and respectful in your greeting.