What are the benefits of pursuing a dual degree in engineering and music?

• Thread starter cgreeleybsu
  • Start date
In summary, pursuing a dual degree in engineering and music offers numerous benefits, including enhanced creativity and problem-solving skills, a well-rounded education, and increased career opportunities in diverse fields such as sound engineering, acoustics, and music production. Additionally, students in this program gain a unique perspective that allows them to combine their technical and artistic abilities, making them highly sought after by employers in both industries. This dual degree also provides a platform for collaboration and innovation, as students learn to apply their engineering knowledge to musical concepts and vice versa. Overall, a dual degree in engineering and music offers a valuable and fulfilling educational experience with endless possibilities for future career paths.
cgreeleybsu
Hello,

I'm a undergraduate physics and computer science student. I hope to be an astronautical engineer at
some point. I started out at a different school with a 3:2 engineering program (3 years at one school 2 at the other)
but transferred when I wanted to try music as a major, which I did for a while. I have about 9 years of experience in
computer programming which is much stronger than the physics side of things for me.

Nice to be here
Peace

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!