What are the benefits of being a math teacher at a community college?

• Thread starter SallyJ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hey
In summary, being a math teacher at a community college offers numerous benefits, such as a flexible schedule, opportunities for professional development, and the satisfaction of helping students achieve their academic goals. Community college teachers also have smaller class sizes and a diverse student population, allowing for more personalized instruction and a deeper understanding of different cultures. Additionally, math teachers at community colleges have the opportunity to teach a variety of courses and work with students at different levels, providing a dynamic and engaging teaching experience. Overall, being a math teacher at a community college offers a fulfilling career with many opportunities for growth and impact.
SallyJ
Hey there. I'm a new member. For the past 20 years I have worked as a computer programmer (SAS language; clinical trials stat programming). A few years ago we moved to the beach and now I teach math at the local community college. I always enjoyed math and physics in high school and college. In addition to teaching, I also tutor any math, stat, or computer students who walk into the support area at college. Not very many physics students but I enjoy "dusting off" that knowledge when I can.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi SallyJ. :welcome:

and Welcome back to Physics! The laws haven't changed one iota since your school days. :smile:

Thanks! Glad to be here :)