What are some recommended textbooks for undergraduate physics students?

In summary, recommended textbooks for undergraduate physics students include "University Physics" by Young and Freedman, "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick, and "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by David J. Griffiths. Other popular choices include "Classical Mechanics" by John R. Taylor, "Modern Physics" by Kenneth S. Krane, and "Thermal Physics" by Daniel V. Schroeder. These textbooks cover a wide range of topics including mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and quantum physics, providing a comprehensive and rigorous foundation for students studying physics at the undergraduate level.
danielle
New member here. I switched from a biology major to a physics one last year and have never looked back. Classes are definitely harder but I enjoy them more and am more interested. That said I'm always looking for new textbooks that are useful for physics undergrads. Any suggestions?

P.s. I currently have univ. physics, physics for scientists and engineers, and fundamentals of physics. I like reading the concepts from different textbooks and seeing different points of view as I find it helps with grasping the material better.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi danielle. :welcome:

It is definitely a good idea to read on any topic in a few textbooks, you'll often find one author explains things better or has better diagrams.