What are some popular science fiction topics discussed on PF?

In summary, popular science fiction topics discussed on PF include time travel, extraterrestrial life, artificial intelligence, and parallel universes. Other common themes include dystopian societies, advanced technology, and human augmentation. These topics often explore the potential consequences and ethical implications of scientific advancements, as well as the human condition in the face of rapid technological progress. From classic works like "War of the Worlds" to modern favorites like "Black Mirror," science fiction on PF delves into the limitless possibilities and complexities of the future.
VNV
Gold Member
Hello, people of whichever gender identity you like!

Skipping the easily veered verbose verbiage V verbalized in V for Vendetta in lieu of a common introduction, I prefer go by the initial V. The NV are also intials, but not my first or middle names. I'm a 19 year old male from the Midsouthern USA with a GED. I'm an unpublished(for now) author of science fiction and a fan of keeping my writing grounded in reality. I find the realistic science fiction that maintains it's own fantastic nature without overdoing it to be enjoyable to read and write. Hopefully soon, you'll be able to read my series(titled Project OTHRYS).

I like to bandy theory about with other people. Most of the threads I'll be starting will have zero relevance to one another and/or reality or may not even be possible, such as miniature nuclear reactors and Star Trek style teleporting, but I especially like magnet-based technologies, like a mass driver cannon for interplanetary supply lines, and a good number of the threads I will inevitably post will have something or other to do with armor systems and exoskeletons or even what I like to call Biophysics.

Here's hoping our relationship challenges the mind and benefits us all!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!