What are some key concepts in quantum physics for a novice?

• Thread starter Hasan Delifer
  • Start date
In summary, quantum physics is a complex and fascinating branch of science that studies the behavior of particles at a subatomic level. Some key concepts to understand as a novice include the wave-particle duality, the uncertainty principle, and entanglement. The wave-particle duality explains how particles can exhibit both wave-like and particle-like behaviors, while the uncertainty principle states that it is impossible to know both the position and momentum of a particle simultaneously. Entanglement is a phenomenon where two particles become connected and can influence each other's behavior regardless of distance. These concepts challenge our understanding of reality and have led to groundbreaking technologies such as quantum computing and quantum cryptography.
Hasan Delifer
Hi my name is Hasan and I'm currently visiting the equivalent of high school in Germany. I have a high interest in all sorts of physics but especially in more advanced types like quantum physics. I think that I do understand the basic concepts of Relativity, Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Field Theory, but I do not understand most of the mathematical part of it so I am definately a novice on this topic. I signed up primarily to ask question about stuff I don't understand and there's a lot of it. :)

I'm exited to chat with you all.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
A warm welcome to PF. :smile:

The following are the three main sections in PF. You should explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The Videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

Check out the category Quantum in the media gallery. You might find something interesting there.

Enjoy your time here.

With regards,
Wrichik.

Likes Hasan Delifer
Welcome to the PF, Hasan. Nice Avatar! :smile:

Likes Hasan Delifer