Welcome to the Forum! 14-Year-Old Newbie Learns About This Place.

In summary, Nicot has joined the forum as a 14-year-old who is one of the youngest members. However, he is confident in his ability to contribute with his limited knowledge. He also mentions that English is his third language and apologizes for any mistakes he may make. Other members welcome him and assure him that his English is already better than many native speakers on the forum. Nicot reveals that his other languages are Spanish and Chinese and expresses gratitude for the warm welcome.
nicot
Hi everyone, as you can see I'm new to this place and this is my first visit. Although I haven't seen much yet, I'm already fascinated with this place. To tell you a bit more about me I'm 14 years old probably the youngest or one of the youngest members here. Despite my age I believe I can still use the little knowledge I have to make some posts. English is my 3rd language so please excuse any mistakes I make. So anyway I just wanted to say hi before I post anything else.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi nicot,

Welcome to PF.:smile:

I know there are a fair number of members of your age group, so you're not alone. Feel free to ask any questions and expand your learning. The members here are very helpful, and a large number are very knowledgeable as well. Spend some time going through the rules and understanding the format of these forums, so you can make the most of your PF experince.

Your English, so far, is just fine, so you have nothing to worry about. :biggrin:

Where can I read the rules?

When you signed on, there was a set of rules. In some of the forums on this site, there are additional "sticky" threads at the top of the page with more specific instructions for that forum. For example, the homework help sections remind people that we don't do your homework for you, and you should show the work you have already done when you ask a question.

Welcome to PF! I'm sure Evo will offer you a welcome fish soon. And watch out for JimmyP. :biggrin: (Running joke here...stick around and before long, you'll be the one warning the new folks of that). Oh, and there's a guy running around here with a pink ribbon under his name; don't take him too seriously. :smile:

Hahah ok well thank you for the help and the welcome.

Hiya nicot. :)

Welcome nicot! I hope you’re mentally and physically prepping yourself for your ceremonial inaugural hazing! :p

Heya :) English as a third language - that's amazin'... Anywayz - welcome, I am pretty sure you are one of the youngest... I am 15 btw.

3rd languages at 14, that's impressive, spanish and portugese right? I spent 3 years in france at that age and didn't even completely pick up the language.

nicot, your English is already better than that of many of the native English speakers on the board! No need to worry there!

Well, you probably are among the youngest, since the minimum age in these parts is 13 I think, though there are a lot of folks in that category. Everyone else who has started out at your age has gotten older eventually, so no need to worry, it doesn't last forever. :wink: :biggrin:

Flawless english in that paragraph. A lot of people around here would do well to learn from you.

Welcome to the boards.

Welcome to the boards nicot. English is my second language. It's easy to learn and implement. Based on your introduction, so far so good :)

ek said:
Flawless english in that paragraph. A lot of people around here would do well to learn from you.

Welcome to the boards.

Yeah - You have nothing to worry ;)

futb0l said:
Yeah - You have nothing to worry ;)

Hmmm...nearly a Churchill, that.

Gokul43201 said:
Hmmm...nearly a Churchill, that.

LoL. :smile: :smile:

The_Professional said:

Welcome to the boards.
I agre, many people here don't speek well anglish. Could well do to learn u from.

:smile: you cack me up avery tim.

Smurf said:
I agre, many people here don't speek well anglish. Could well do to learn u from.

You're quoting the wrong person boy. I didn't say that

Smurf said:
3rd languages at 14, that's impressive, spanish and portugese right? I spent 3 years in france at that age and didn't even completely pick up the language.
Actually no, the other two languages are spanish and chinese. I live in South America, but my family is chinese. Thanks to all the people that welcomed me. This seems to be a great forum to be a part of.

Hey Nicot, I am Chinese too! I like the way you write. We are such a composed and polite people! :approve: :-p

Related to Welcome to the Forum! 14-Year-Old Newbie Learns About This Place.

1. What is a forum?

A forum is an online platform where users can interact with each other by posting messages, discussing various topics, and sharing information. It is a virtual community where people can connect and exchange ideas.

2. How do I join a forum?

To join a forum, you usually need to create an account by providing your email address, username, and password. Some forums may also require you to verify your email or provide additional information.

3. Are forums safe for minors?

Forums can be safe for minors as long as they follow the rules and guidelines set by the forum administrators. It is important for minors to use caution when sharing personal information and to always report any suspicious activity.

4. How can I start a conversation on a forum?

To start a conversation on a forum, you can create a new thread or reply to an existing thread that relates to your topic of interest. Make sure to follow the forum's guidelines and be respectful of others' opinions.

5. Can I access forums on my mobile device?

Yes, most forums are accessible on mobile devices through a web browser or a dedicated mobile app. This allows users to stay connected and participate in discussions on-the-go.