Visualizing PF Members: Avatars, Names, and Identities

• Thread starter CrazyNinja
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Members
In summary: Kitten : ^ I like her. ^ 4) @Loki : He seems... well, Loki. 5) @Nyx : I don't know, she just seems... strange. 6) @Pixalate : She seems nice enough.In summary, Drakkith has already initiated a post on this, but I wanted to ask this again:How do you visualise a PF member when you interact with them? Do you see them as their avatars? What if they don't have one? Do you visualise them by their names? What if their names and av
Psinter said:
And how do you visualize me?
I have a feeling I'm going to regret this question... :nb) I'm not really sure I want an answer.
I shouldn't. Because the picture if I have of you is not really you anyway. You can PM to give me your address, I will you mine. Some day either you or I will visit the other if any has a chance and would want to. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Silicon Waffle said:
I shouldn't. Because the picture if I have of you is not really you anyway.
Is it a dragon? You think I'm a dragon? Please say I'm a dragon. :-p I'm just kidding.
Silicon Waffle said:
You can PM to give me your address, I will you mine. Some day either you or I will visit the other if any has a chance and would want to. :biggrin:
Nah, I'll probably get anxiety to meet someone I met on the internet in real life and die of a cardiac arrest with lung depression and trauma across my chest. :nb) Let's just stay Psinter and Silicon Waffle. :smile:

Had I not being a person who gets all nervous and anxious I would have invited you to a forest I know in a mountain, but not through the ordinary path that tourists take. I know of a path not taken by tourists where plants flourish more spectacular and beautiful (precisely because the tourists and people don't damage the path). There is another forest at the west, but it's a very creepy one. It's dark and it gives me the chills. I would never invite you there. As a matter of fact, I don't visit that forest willingly. When I traveled from uni to my home, the entrance to that forest always gave me the creeps.

I would have invited you to the nice forest, not the creepy one. But I'm too nervous so that will never happen anyway.

Anyway, back on topic, so Sophie is the only one who visualizes me? :biggrin:

Likes Silicon Waffle
I found this thread rather amusing. I wonder how people on PF would visualize me?

Psinter said:
Is it a dragon? You think I'm a dragon? Please say I'm a dragon. :-p I'm just kidding.

Nah, I'll probably get anxiety to meet someone I met on the internet in real life and die of a cardiac arrest with lung depression and trauma across my chest. :nb) Let's just stay Psinter and Silicon Waffle. :smile:

Had I not being a person who gets all nervous and anxious I would have invited you to a forest I know in a mountain, but not through the ordinary path that tourists take. I know of a path not taken by tourists where plants flourish more spectacular and beautiful. There is another forest at the west, but it's a very creepy one. It's dark and it gives me the chills. I would never invite you there. As a matter of fact, I don't visit that forest willingly. When I traveled from uni to my home, the entrance to that forest always gave me the creeps.

I would invite you to the nice forest, not the creepy one. But I'm too nervous so that will never happen anyway.
No, you're definitely not 42. You may want to act like one, and I am here not because of 42.
Tell me that creepy path, I treat you back with best sweets and you can watch me and my movies. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Likes Psinter
StatGuy2000 said:
I found this thread rather amusing. I wonder how people on PF would visualize me?
Oh snap. I wish I could have something for you. :frown: I just don't see you much here on the Longue.
Silicon Waffle said:
No, you're definitely not 42. You may want to act like one, and I am here not because of 42.
Tell me that creepy path, I treat you back with best sweets and you can watch me my movies. :biggrin:
If 42 is what I think it is, I'm definitely far from 42. :biggrin: Oh I love sweets. :partytime:

That creepy forest? I call it creepy because it is dark. And it is dark because the trees are tall and leafy and cover the sun light. Plus, there are dark subterranean caves. My perception when I saw the entrances to the caves is that they are not safe. I wouldn't put a feet on those caves even if I'm paid. The entrance to the forest is like a gradient that engulfs light from the street. That's how I perceive it. It really gives this air as if you are entering into a whole new world. Which gives me the chills. A friend who once worked at that creepy forest I'm telling you told me that the night is pitch black. You are better off staying at one spot until the day comes than trying to find an exit. He told me that without GPS chances are you will get deeper and more lost if you try to find an exit at night. He once got lost without a flashlight and he ended at a lake which is inside the forest. But he told me he went back to the pitch black darkness of the forest because the mosquitoes at the lake were eating him. Haha!

This whole talk about forest reminds me that my cousin which is with the military promised me a race through the forest. But she got pregnant and we could never race. However, she is not longer pregnant, I'm going to call her, she owns me that race.

Likes CrazyNinja and Silicon Waffle
I didn't know you are such a good story teller. Awesome! You should write more books like that. :bow:

Likes Sophia
Silicon Waffle said:
I didn't know you are such a good story teller. Awesome! You should write more books like that. :bow:
o_O I don't think that was a story. It was more like my description of the creepy forest. Now you can visualize me better. :biggrin:

The last dozen posts in this thread are instructive to the punishment that has been inflicted upon PF for eradicating the "Relationships" section of the forum...:eek:

DiracPool said:
The last dozen posts in this thread are instructive to the punishment that has been inflicted upon PF for eradicating the "Relationship" section of the forum...:eek:
Yeah, I'll accept punishment for derailing this awesome thread. Can you help re-railing it back? :smile: I can't visualize you either. :frown: I need more interaction with you to visualize you.

Psinter said:
Yeah, I'll accept punishment for derailing this awesome thread. Can you help re-railing it back? :smile: I can't visualize you either. :frown:

Well, that's the whole fun of the thread. It's on you to guess. I'm eager to see what you come up with..

DiracPool said:
Well, that's the whole fun of the thread. It's on you to guess. I'm eager to see what you come up with..
Hmmmmmmm. Well, by automatic definition I assume you are a 'he'. But like I've said countless times, that matters little anyway. I haven't seen you very much in the Longue so I definitely visualize you by your avatar. :smile: Some kind of wise god perhaps?

I visualize @lisab as a considerate person, compassionate, very kind, friendly and good-natured. I also visualize her as generous, warmhearted, agreeable and nice to others. I ran out of adjectives, but I bet she is very solicited in the forum. She radiates this sense of a strong composition which is by all means a good thing. After all, it must not be easy to be kind and still have a strong constitution. It is an admirable trait. I almost always agree with her point of views. I cannot visualize her in an image, but her avatar is perfect.

Likes Sophia
Psinter said:
Hmmmmmmm. Well, by automatic definition I assume you are a 'he'. But like I've said countless times, that matters little anyway. I haven't seen you very much in the Longue so I definitely visualize you by your avatar. :smile: Some kind of wise god perhaps?

I visualize @lisab as a considerate person, compassionate, very kind, friendly and good-natured. I also visualize her as generous, warmhearted, agreeable and nice to others. I ran out of adjectives, but I bet she is very solicited in the forum. She radiates this sense of a strong composition which is by all means a good thing. After all, it must not be easy to be kind and still have a strong constitution. It is an admirable trait. I almost always agree with her point of views. I cannot visualize her in an image, but her avatar is perfect.
Aawww, that's so sweet - thank you! In real life I can be quite stubborn, and I'm getting less tactful/diplomatic as I get older.

Likes Sophia, Psinter and fresh_42
lisab said:
Aawww, that's so sweet - thank you! In real life I can be quite stubborn, and I'm getting less tactful/diplomatic as I get older.
It's okay, stubbornness is fine :smile:. Cats are stubborn and I like them (not to mean I'm comparing you with a cat, it's just a comment).

Although we are going opposite sides. In real life situations I'm getting more diplomatic as I get older, although I don't think this is working quite well for me. :nb)

Psinter said:
o_O I don't think that was a story. It was more like my description of the creepy forest. Now you can visualize me better. [emoji3]
You are great at descriptions. I want to visit that forest! I'd sit there for a few hours quietly, just listening to its sounds and breathing the smell.

Psinter said:
That creepy forest? I call it creepy because it is dark. And it is dark because the trees are tall and leafy and cover the sun light. Plus, there are dark subterranean caves. My perception when I saw the entrances to the caves is that they are not safe. I wouldn't put a feet on those caves even if I'm paid. The entrance to the forest is like a gradient that engulfs light from the street. That's how I perceive it. It really gives this air as if you are entering into a whole new world. Which gives me the chills. A friend who once worked at that creepy forest I'm telling you told me that the night is pitch black. You are better off staying at one spot until the day comes than trying to find an exit. He told me that without GPS chances are you will get deeper and more lost if you try to find an exit at night. He once got lost without a flashlight and he ended at a lake which is inside the forest. But he told me he went back to the pitch black darkness of the forest because the mosquitoes at the lake were eating him. Haha!

This whole talk about forest reminds me that my cousin which is with the military promised me a race through the forest. But she got pregnant and we could never race. However, she is not longer pregnant, I'm going to call her, she owns me that race.
You, my friend, have single handedly made this thread more vibrant with that description/story/experience. Hats off. :bow:

Psinter said:
Anyway, back on topic, so Sophie is the only one who visualizes me?

Let me see. I met you only on this thread and judging from what I have seen, I have formed a partial mental image of you. As with mfb, I have two pics of you and I guess I need help from my friends to decide which one suits better.

1)
Edward-Cullen-3-edward-cullens-future-wives-35821954-544-480.jpg

2)
2wdukw3.jpg
StatGuy2000 said:

I really don't know you much so... tough to visualise.

Likes Psinter and Sophia
CrazyNinja said:
You, my friend, have single handedly made this thread more vibrant with that description/story/experience. Hats off. [emoji144]
Let me see. I met you only on this thread and judging from what I have seen, I have formed a partial mental image of you. As with mfb, I have two pics of you and I guess I need help from my friends to decide which one suits better.

1)

2)
2wdukw3.jpg

I really don't know you much so... tough to visualise.
Oh yes, definitely the first one! Psinter seems to be studying human emotions and right behaviour as if he wasn't really one of us. And he lives near a forest , too! He's also young and good looking. You are a picture genius, Crazy ninja :-)

I don't know the guy in the second picture, is he a celebrity?

Sophia said:
You are great at descriptions. I want to visit that forest! I'd sit there for a few hours quietly, just listening to its sounds and breathing the smell.
Why the creepy one? :oldconfused: There is the nice illuminated forest (where I would invite you and friends) and the creepy one. Why are you and Silicon Waffle attracted to the creepy one? I don't understand. I go to the nice one only, the creepy one I only go in very rare occasions and never alone.
Sophia said:
He's also young and good looking.
Not really good looking. That's only because of my clothes and how I'm making my hair. Ordinarily, without making my hair and without wearing cosplay, I'm the kind of person you would hire to scare the boogeyman. :oldlaugh:
CrazyNinja said:
You, my friend, have single handedly made this thread more vibrant with that description/story/experience. Hats off. :bow:

1)
:DD Hahaha! Definitely not me. I hate that character. But it's okay if you visualize me like that :oldlaugh:. Reminds me of how I had my hair when I was in elementary school. It was just like that. The spitting image of my hair at elementary school.

lol wonder what you all would guess for me?

Psinter said:
Why the creepy one? :oldconfused: There is the nice illuminated forest (where I would invite you and friends) and the creepy one. Why are you and Silicon Waffle attracted to the creepy one? I don't understand..

because you described it so well! It almost felt like being there. And people are attracted to things they are afraid of. There's this love-hate relationship between people and woods.
Once i was alone in a very nice forest and stopped to quietly contemplate but than I suddenly became anxious and afraid. I had to leave ASAP. I didn't see or hear anything scary but I don't know... the stillness and unfamiliar sounds, though very quiet and not threatening at all were too much for me. It may also be because it was my first time there and it was in Germany...I worked at tourist info centre in Czech rep, in Sumava national park and went on a trip alone, without a map or previous experience of the terrain and passed the border (silly, I know). Maybe the fact that I became fully aware of this is what scared me so much.

Likes Psinter
CrazyNinja is Donatello.
Wiki says : "he is depicted as the smartest and second-in-command of the four turtles. Donnie often speaks in technobabble with a natural aptitude for science and technology"
latest?cb=20121027214614.png

gjonesy I visualise you as your avatar. I like it very much because penguins are friendly and optimistic. I don't know you well but from those posts I read I imagine that you are easygoing and funny but also smart and sensitive.

Likes CrazyNinja and gjonesy
man-pushing-broken-car-down-rock-road-37587541.jpg

Start guy or not

Sophia said:
I don't know the guy in the second picture, is he a celebrity?

Yup. He is the guy who played Draco Malfoy. Don't really know his name and too lazy to Google it.

Sophia said:
Once i was alone in a very nice forest and stopped to quietly contemplate but than I suddenly became anxious and afraid. I had to leave ASAP. I didn't see or hear anything scary but I don't know... the stillness and unfamiliar sounds, though very quiet and not threatening at all were too much for me. It may also be because it was my first time there and it was in Germany...I worked at tourist info centre in Czech rep, in Sumava national park and went on a trip alone, without a map or previous experience of the terrain and passed the border (silly, I know). Maybe the fact that I became fully aware of this is what scared me so much.

You know, this experience of yours was quite alarming. This was because I had a similar one when I was six or something. My family was on a trip to a village (I live in India so we have deciduous forests, just to help you imagine). When my mom and dad were talking to some guy, I wandered off into this grove nearby. Soon, I was partially lost and all I could see everywhere were vampires and shadows. Imagine that when you are six..! I somehow managed to keep myself from crying and ended up spotting my mom's red saree. :nb):nb)

Sophia said:
CrazyNinja is Donatello.
Wiki says : "he is depicted as the smartest and second-in-command of the four turtles. Donnie often speaks in technobabble with a natural aptitude for science and technology"
latest?cb=20121027214614.png

Finally. I thought no one visualised me at all. :-p And thank you for visualising my true form (Yes I'm a turtle. And yes my dad is 130 years old. And yes, I am young and can speak english. And yes we do get Wi-fi down deep here.)

Likes Psinter and Sophia
CrazyNinja said:
Yup. He is the guy who played Draco Malfoy. Don't really know his name and too lazy to Google it.
You know, this experience of yours was quite alarming. This was because I had a similar one when I was six or something. My family was on a trip to a village (I live in India so we have deciduous forests, just to help you imagine). When my mom and dad were talking to some guy, I wandered off into this grove nearby. Soon, I was partially lost and all I could see everywhere were vampires and shadows. Imagine that when you are six..! I somehow managed to keep myself from crying and ended up spotting my mom's red saree. :nb):nb)

That must have been so scary! But you were lucky that you didn't go too far away. Btw I like colourful sarees :) I imagine they are made from very fine fabric.

Sophia said:
I imagine they are made from very fine fabric.

You bet they are..! And a lot of different types of fabrics too. I will get you one if I ever come to visit you.

CrazyNinja said:
Soon, I was partially lost and all I could see everywhere were vampires and shadows.
I saw You-Know-Who too... *scared*.

CrazyNinja said:
You bet they are..! And a lot of different types of fabrics too. I will get you one if I ever come to visit you.

Oh, you're nice :) I'll have to think what I would give you...
What about "valashka"? It was used by "good bandits" who robbed rich people in the woods and it is believed that they gave the money to the poor (but that's only a legend, of course). Than you could defend yourself next time you get lost :)
ad28b6_1e5af9b69cad185b3d82db638da801d6.jpg
Valaska.jpg
CrazyNinja said:
I saw You-Know-Who too... *scared*.
What? You're so young that you knew You-Know-Who when you were six?
Anyway, you must be a powerful wizard, if you managed to survive THAT encounter!

Sophia said:
Oh, you're nice :) I'll have to think what I would give you...
What about "valashka"? It was used by "good bandits" who robbed rich people in the woods and it is believed that they gave the money to the poor (but that's only a legend, of course). Than you could defend yourself next time you get lost :)
Valaska.jpg

What? You're so young that you knew You-Know-Who when you were six?
Anyway, you must be a powerful wizard, if you managed to survive THAT encounter!

I doubt my mom would allow me to buy one of those. Two reasons why:
1) They have made Marine Warfare rules more strict.
2) I have fins/flappers. It ain't easy at all to wield an axe.

About You-Know-Who... I saw him. He didn't see me (I hope). He was having a quite swim in my neighbor's sea-anemone orchard. Believe me, you don't want that visual in the head. :eek:

Likes Sophia
CrazyNinja said:
I doubt my mom would allow me to buy one of those. Two reasons why:
1) They have made Marine Warfare rules more strict.
2) I have fins/flappers. It ain't easy at all to wield an axe.

About You-Know-Who... I saw him. He didn't see me (I hope). He was having a quite swim in my neighbor's sea-anemone orchard. Believe me, you don't want that visual in the head. :eek:
:DD:biggrin:

Likes CrazyNinja
Anyway how about we bring Greg into this?

I believe he might be Greg's father. Greg isn't that old.:DD

I don't try to visualize unknowns. It wastes brainpower. :smile: I simply create abstract constraints from people's choices of linguistic expression. It gives truly valuable information about the most critical systems. When you change the dynamics of the situation (conversation face to face) there are far more stimuli which can give you mental insecurity. Like bringing a knife to a gun fight!
Curious thoughts I am having, I wonder if anyone understands what I am thinking or knows any further reading on this topic?

Last edited:
jim hardy said:

I admit this pic is startlingly tru-ish. This very fact makes it sadder, though. I wonder why all of them are whacking @jim hardy though?

On a personal note, @Greg Bernhardt has always been part superstar for me.

One fine morning, Greg went out to get some pics of lovely Washington DC.

peter-parker-was-a-nerd.jpg

When he came home, he found a gift parcel for himself. (I don't know who placed it there. Maybe @Drakkith because he had spare stuff thrown out of Cybertron? Who knows).

021-mary-jane-and-peter-parker-spiderman-theredlist.jpg

He tried it out and figured he looked good in it.

tumblr_inline_njss18fTYQ1rvmyi8-2.jpg

The rest I guess is history.

peterparker1272012.jpg

So that's the story of Greg.

*spiderman music in background*.

jerromyjon said:
I don't try to visualize unknowns. It wastes brainpower. :smile: I simply create abstract constraints from people's choices of linguistic expression. It gives truly valuable information about the most critical systems. When you change the dynamics of the situation (conversation face to face) there are far more stimuli which can give you mental insecurity. Like bringing a knife to a gun fight!
Curious thoughts I am having, I wonder if anyone understands what I am thinking or knows any further ready on this topic?

I did not understand anything after the first two sentences my friend. :H :oldsurprised: :headbang:

CrazyNinja said:
I did not understand anything after the first two sentences my friend.
Break that sentence down and observe was I can tell about you...