Understanding Nuclear Reactors: A Beginner's Guide

• Thread starter Pete123
  • Start date
In summary, a nuclear reactor is a device that uses controlled nuclear reactions to generate heat, which is then used to produce electricity. These reactors use a process called nuclear fission, where atoms split apart and release energy. There are different types of nuclear reactors, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Understanding how nuclear reactors work is important for understanding the role of nuclear energy in our world and the potential risks and benefits associated with it. It is also important to understand the safety measures and regulations in place to prevent accidents and ensure the responsible use of nuclear energy.
Pete123
Hi,

I'm Pete, a business man. I'm a life long learner with a lot of interests. I recently read and article about the Chernobyl nuclear power plant melt down and am now working to understand how nuclear reactors work.

I don't know much about physics and science relative to the folks here and need assistance. I do know a lot about entrepreneurship for those who are looking at starting a business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum