Exploring the Convergence of Nuclear Science and Biology: A Beginner's Guide

• Thread starter quarkle
  • Start date
In summary, the convergence of nuclear science and biology is a growing field that explores the intersection of these two disciplines. It involves the use of nuclear techniques, such as radiotracers and radiation therapy, to study and manipulate biological systems. This has led to advancements in medical imaging, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases. As our understanding of nuclear and biological processes increases, so does the potential for collaboration and innovation in this field. However, there are also ethical and safety considerations that must be carefully addressed in order to ensure responsible and beneficial use of nuclear science in biology.
quarkle
Hi everyone! I've always browsed through this site a lot before and thought it was high time I created an account. I am a nuclear engineer from India. Mostly work on neutronics (both fusion and fission).
Passionate about all things science, nature and outdoor adventure sports.
Apart from nuclear science, also really love biology.
I hope to learn a lot from here, fire up my creative juices and be of some help to other people :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, I'm new, too. I must say I am finding this site somewhat intimidating. Lots of smart people. I am hoping to make friends with some of them though. So I can ask tediously annoying questions. :)

Hi quarkle. :welcome:

OmneBonum said:
Hi, I'm new, too. I must say I am finding this site somewhat intimidating. Lots of smart people. I am hoping to make friends with some of them though. So I can ask tediously annoying questions. :)
Hi! I'm sure you're one of those smart people too :) Looking forward to the same!