Hello to the physics world. Considering doing MS Physics

• Thread starter anasoori
  • Start date
In summary, if you are considering pursuing a Master's degree in Physics, you are entering a complex and fascinating world. Physics is the study of matter, energy, and their interactions, and it is a field that has been at the forefront of scientific discovery for centuries. With a Master's degree in Physics, you can expect to delve deeper into topics such as quantum mechanics, relativity, and thermodynamics, and gain the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career in research or academia. It is a challenging but rewarding path for those who have a passion for understanding the fundamental laws of the universe.
anasoori
Hi everyone,

Little about me

Just graduated Chemcial Engineer at SJSU
27 yrs old
spent a lot of time in my undergrad working and growing a career in sales then management then training
Graduated without debt but with a bad GPA (2.9) mainly from a few unauthorized semester withdrawals.

I'm in the MS Chemical Engineering program
Very much interested in physics. Always really was more interested in physics.

My main real goal is to get into science entrepreneurship. I've built up a good understanding in the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and business. Not so much in science on paper.

I'm interested in switching over to a Physics MS and came on here to hopefully get some advice on some methodologies to review physics concepts and math concepts.

Currently taking only one of my courses out of the physics department. Mathematical methods for physicists.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
anasoori said:
SJSU
San Jose? I'm in Silicon Valley as well.

Welcome to the PF. :smile:

berkeman said:
San Jose? I'm in Silicon Valley as well.

Welcome to the PF. :smile:
Hi yes, San Jose.
Thank you, I'm excited to be here.