Trying out ways to become an independent researcher

• Thread starter aftnix
  • Start date
In summary, becoming an independent researcher involves exploring different methods and strategies to gain autonomy in conducting research. This may include seeking out mentorship, collaborating with other researchers, and developing a strong understanding of research methodologies. It also requires a dedication to self-driven learning and taking on new challenges in order to establish oneself as a credible and independent researcher. Ultimately, the path to becoming an independent researcher is unique for each individual, but it requires a combination of hard work, determination, and a passion for knowledge.
aftnix
How did you find PF?
google
Hi,

I'm from Bangladesh. I have a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, and a Masters Degree in Theoretical Physics. Currently work on a financial organization where my job mostly involves building predictive models using deep learning for various purposes. I'm 32 years Old.

My life situations are such taking up an full time research position is not financially viable for my family. But I'm deeply interested in doing research work , maybe in a smaller scale. Maybe apply my Machine Learning/Data Science background to use in physics etc.

I usually try to keep up with the research by reading nature/sciencemag/quantamagazine regularly, sometimes try to read new submissions from arxiv. But haven't done anything concrete or focussed. I'm searching for a like minded community of individuals who are in similar situation like me and wants to pursue serious research. As there is no pressure, maybe tackle more foundational problems.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We are glad to have you.