Troubleshooting Garbled Page Rendering on PF Forum

• Bug
  • Thread starter Wrichik Basu
  • Start date
In summary, for the past hour there was an issue with the pages on PF being garbled and the links were not clickable, making navigation impossible. The issue was present on multiple devices and purging the Cloudflare cache of the main CSS file resolved the problem. Currently, everything is working fine.
Wrichik Basu
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Not sure if this is something I faced on my side only, but for the last one hour, whenever I visited PF, the pages were like this:

1641149452241.png

Navigation was not possible because the links that were behind the garbled text were not clickable. I managed to visit this forum by inspecting the source code, but it was the same experience:

1641149560328.png

I tried from Firefox. Same issue.

Tried from my phone, and it was no different.

My laptop is connected to my phone's mobile data, so I thought it could be an internet issue in my phone. So, I tried with another phone, and faced the same garbled page.

A video is uploaded here.

Currently, things seem to be fine.

Physics news on Phys.org
Me too. Fine now

It was a problem with the Cloudflare caching of the main CSS file. I purged and it was resolved.

• Informative
Likes dlgoff, Wrichik Basu, Jonathan Scott and 1 other person

1. What is page rendering?

Page rendering is the process of displaying a webpage on a browser or device. It involves interpreting the HTML, CSS, and JavaScript code of a webpage and translating it into a visual layout that can be seen and interacted with by the user.

2. What are some common issues with page rendering?

Some common issues with page rendering include slow loading times, broken or missing images, incorrect layout or formatting, and inconsistent display across different browsers or devices.

3. How can I troubleshoot page rendering issues?

To troubleshoot page rendering issues, you can start by checking for any errors in the HTML, CSS, or JavaScript code. You can also use browser developer tools to inspect the page and identify any elements that may be causing issues. Testing the page on different browsers and devices can also help pinpoint the source of the problem.

4. How can I improve page rendering performance?

To improve page rendering performance, you can optimize your code by reducing unnecessary elements, compressing images, and using CSS and JavaScript minification. You can also leverage browser caching and content delivery networks to speed up page loading times.

5. How can I ensure consistent page rendering across different browsers and devices?

To ensure consistent page rendering, it is important to follow web standards and best practices when coding. Using a responsive design approach and testing your page on different browsers and devices can also help identify any compatibility issues. Additionally, using CSS vendor prefixes and polyfills can help address browser-specific rendering differences.