Chrome has a strange affinity to PF

In summary: Browser hijacking?In summary, the user's browser is behaving oddly and bringing them to different websites instead of the intended one. The issues first started happening a few months ago and the user is not sure why. They are unsure if anything has changed recently that would cause the issue, but they think it is something to do with their internet connection or the router they are using.
It has been around one week since I cleared the DNS cache as per the advice of @DrJohn in post #24. The major issue that I was facing — clicking on other bookmarks brought me to PF — is now gone. The issue persisted after I re-installed Chrome, but I haven't faced it till date after I cleared the DNS cache ("Amen" to that).

So, it appears that there was some issue with the cache, and flushing it did the trick. It could also be changing the DNS server to Google and Cloudflare, as advised by @pbuk. I did plenty of changes one after the other during that time, so it's a bit difficult to exactly point out which one solved the issue.

Thanks, everyone, for helping me out.

Likes Greg Bernhardt, russ_watters and I like Serena
<h2>1. What is PF and why does Chrome have an affinity to it?</h2><p>PF stands for perfluorocarbon, which is a type of chemical compound. Chrome has an affinity to PF because of its unique properties, such as its ability to repel water and oil.</p><h2>2. How does Chrome's affinity to PF affect its performance?</h2><p>Chrome's affinity to PF can have both positive and negative effects on its performance. On one hand, it allows for smoother and more efficient movement of the browser. On the other hand, it can also lead to compatibility issues with certain websites or applications.</p><h2>3. Is Chrome's affinity to PF a deliberate design choice?</h2><p>Yes, Chrome's affinity to PF is a deliberate design choice. It was incorporated into the browser's development to improve its overall performance and user experience.</p><h2>4. Are there any potential health concerns with Chrome's affinity to PF?</h2><p>No, there are no known health concerns associated with Chrome's affinity to PF. The amount of PF used in the browser is very small and poses no harm to users.</p><h2>5. Can other browsers have an affinity to PF as well?</h2><p>Yes, other browsers can also have an affinity to PF. However, the level of affinity may vary depending on the specific design and development of each browser.</p>

1. What is PF and why does Chrome have an affinity to it?

PF stands for perfluorocarbon, which is a type of chemical compound. Chrome has an affinity to PF because of its unique properties, such as its ability to repel water and oil.

2. How does Chrome's affinity to PF affect its performance?

Chrome's affinity to PF can have both positive and negative effects on its performance. On one hand, it allows for smoother and more efficient movement of the browser. On the other hand, it can also lead to compatibility issues with certain websites or applications.

3. Is Chrome's affinity to PF a deliberate design choice?

Yes, Chrome's affinity to PF is a deliberate design choice. It was incorporated into the browser's development to improve its overall performance and user experience.

4. Are there any potential health concerns with Chrome's affinity to PF?

No, there are no known health concerns associated with Chrome's affinity to PF. The amount of PF used in the browser is very small and poses no harm to users.

5. Can other browsers have an affinity to PF as well?

Yes, other browsers can also have an affinity to PF. However, the level of affinity may vary depending on the specific design and development of each browser.