TOEFL English Preparation Website

In summary: I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a negative experience with the TOEFL. A lot of people have positive experiences with the test. Some people might find it easier than the SAT, but it's still a difficult test. I'll find the links for you so you can read more about the test.
Saint
Anyone can introduce me the best website to learn TOEFL english?

Physics news on Phys.org
What is TOEFL english?

jimmy, everyone knows what TOELF english is. Its when you send messages in english to your left toe. Its also used to write messages in english to those crazy little elves.

-that was a really horrible attempt at humor.

I didn't know what it stood for either, until I looked it up...Test of English as a Foreign Language.

Saint, what exactly are you looking for? Do you mean a site that teaches English as a foreign language?

Saint said:
Anyone can introduce me the best website to learn TOEFL english?
Doesnt life at where you are living offer you any good?
Why do you need to get TOEFL score while it is actually only for North American universities addmission ? I can't really find myself a reason as to why you leave and why you are in need of that test ? ~lol~

I am sorry I am just trying to figure out something so as to be able to give you some more help...only in case you actually need it..., *lol*

Well, you could visit the thread on Grammar :-) I don't know how people from outside the US prepare for the TOEFL. I've only known of people already living in the US as immigrants who have needed to take it, and then there are classes available through local community programs or high schools. One of my friends who took the test said the key to doing well on the essay part (assuming that still exists) was using simple sentences and simple vocabulary. She had to take the test twice. The first time, she scored poorly because she tried to "show off" by using complex sentences and more difficult vocabulary words, and that led her to make more mistakes and score lower. The second time, she kept everything very simple and didn't make mistakes, so scored higher.

Vance said:
Why do you need to get TOEFL score while it is actually only for North American universities addmission ?

not true. A lot of universities worldwide request TOEFL from foreign students

My friends prepared TOEFL by doing lots of sample tests or past test papers. There should be lots of resources in libraries. I think TOEFL score is needed if you want to study in the UK as well, not only in USA. TOEFL isn't a tough exam if you have good English foundation. Good luck.

I am sorry, I actually have never taken any English tests and it is also out of any necessity for me to do that anyway. I didn't know its score is needed in so many a country like that...
I may be as many people usually call me an *over-sensitive* person, so I only think that what I write or wrote is only due to my own over-sensitivity.
I honestly only type down randomly what I am thinking in actuality...I should sound strange to all the people who read what has been posted by me but I have never thought that I was strange myself at all at that time in that post or any of my previous ones, I truly didn't get a feel of that, but if it were odd or something, I would like to say sorry to the original poster because my ideas weren't properly understood...
And I would also like to say thank you for that though, I really don't have any bad *images*/*thoughts* about you at all...Please also do not misunderstand me...

KLscilevothma said:
My friends prepared TOEFL by doing lots of sample tests or past test papers. There should be lots of resources in libraries. I think TOEFL score is needed if you want to study in the UK as well, not only in USA. TOEFL isn't a tough exam if you have good English foundation. Good luck.

Universities in the UK require the IELTS (which is a lot harder), not the TOEFL. As a foreign student applying for an American University, don't you have to sit for the SAT Verbal as well?

You can check Google: TOEFL or visit Cambridge's (England) homepage for more information! I'll find the necesary links for you, Saint, if you want me to? I have a paper with a survey of where to find info on that sort of tests! I'll find it tomorrow!

If you are going to take the TOEFL you will received a little book with exercises and a CD to practice with real TOEFL exams (old ones of course). Once you make the "appointment" to take the test they will send you those things. But let me tell you, if you were capable of writting in this phorum, then the TOEFL is going to be very easy for you, it's every day english, not as the GRE in which the people that have english as a second language rarely do well.

I have the Cambridge O level English, I studied in UK before, my English qualification is enough.

Saint said:
I have the Cambridge O level English, I studied in UK before, my English qualification is enough.
Really ? I didn't know that, but most of the posts you have made do not show your English is at all influenced by British English though...
I asked some of my friends yesterday for 2 CD's and some materials, I can scan and send all to you via email if you are still interested..true.

Saint, don't you come from Malaysia where you take the STPMs or SPMs (?) instead of the O-Levels?

Related to TOEFL English Preparation Website

1. How can I improve my English skills for the TOEFL exam?

The TOEFL English Preparation Website offers various resources and practice materials to help improve your English skills. It includes interactive exercises, sample questions, and tips for each section of the exam. Additionally, the website offers study plans and study groups for students to practice and receive feedback from others.

2. Is the website suitable for all levels of English proficiency?

Yes, the TOEFL English Preparation Website is designed to cater to all levels of English proficiency. It offers materials for beginners, intermediate, and advanced learners. It also provides personalized study plans to help students focus on areas they need to improve.

3. Are the practice materials on the website similar to the actual TOEFL exam?

Yes, the practice materials on the TOEFL English Preparation Website are designed to mimic the actual exam. They are created by experienced TOEFL teachers and follow the same format and structure as the real exam. This will help familiarize students with the exam and build their confidence.

4. Can I access the website on my mobile device?

Yes, the TOEFL English Preparation Website is mobile-friendly and can be accessed on any device with an internet connection. This allows students to practice and study on-the-go, making it convenient for those with busy schedules.

5. Is there a fee to use the TOEFL English Preparation Website?

No, the website is completely free to use. It was created with the mission to provide accessible and affordable resources for students preparing for the TOEFL exam. However, there may be additional fees for certain study materials or courses offered on the website.