Tales of Two Finals: A Frustrating Story

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Finals
In summary, the person talked about their final, how they knew they had a 90% beforehand, how they studied for it more than the material class, how they were pretty sure of 70%, but the last 10% was pure guess work, and that they bombed the final. They say that the worst part was that they left off a moment of inertia on their formula sheet and so their answers were all with the letter I in it. They talk about how their friends keep telling them that they got an A, but they still feel mad because they would have gotten an A if they had just known the formula.
Cyrus
I had two finals today, Geography and Mechanics of Materials. I knew before hand that I had a 90% in geography, which means I need nothing less than a 90% to keep my grade. I studied for that more than my materials class. I knew...ehhhhhhhhh...more or less 70% of it. The remaining 20% fairly sure, last 10% pure guess work. Long story short I think I'm going to get an F'in B in that class now...which sucks considering I had a 90%...uhhhhhhhhhhhh.....anyways onto mech. I knew that I did not have to take the final for that class, because I was exempt for my high grade in the course, perfect score on all the homework, perfect design project, and two perfect tests. But I decided to take the final for fun, and I bombed. That really ruined my mood most of all. I rushed and made some stupid mistakes. The worst of all was that on my formula sheet I somehow left off the moment of inertia for a circle, and so I couldn’t use it to find the stresses on my 3-d problem. So I turned in my answers all with the letter I in it. I asked another professor who was proctoring the exam to give me the formula, and the tightass didn't. If I had asked my regular teacher he would have given it to me. I realize he’s not obligated to, but I mean GIMME A BREAK MAN, it would have been on my damn formula sheet anyways! For Petes sakes! He’s going out of his way to be an ass. If I had that formula, and I wasn’t so bloody tired when I took the exam I know I could have (somewhat) easily aced it. Now ill just wait for your posts on how it was my own stupid fault for not having the formula written down. All my friends keep telling me you got the A, what does it matter, you didn’t even have to take the test, but its the principle. Thats enough venting for now...Ill go back to punching my fist into brick walls.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You know, it's your fault for not putting that formula on your sheet and you've got an A anyway so what does it matter.

just kidding, what an a-hole that teacher was. all you needed was a damn formula and you would have aced that test. I'd slash his tires.

Hes such a stuck up prude. Praise the lord he wasn't my teacher for the class or i'd go bananas.

Last edited:
bananaser. you were already a little bananas

I talked to my teacher and told him I was so tired, and I had that missing formula. He said I could retake the final tommorow! IM SO HAPPY NOW! I did so bad on it because I was soooo tired, running on only 4 hours of sleep the night before. The test still won't factor in, but at least I can do well because I know I am good! AHHHH IM SO HAPPY NOW! Oh wait, that still won't keep my A in geography, NOW IM MAD! :biggrin:
I want to get a 100% on that exam and give the finger to that other teacher who wouldn't tell me the formula! I seriously HATE final exams, how can you study for 4-5 classes all so tightly spaced and be expected to know all that without being dog tired? I always try to get 95 and up on my tests in the semester, and afford a C on the final to keep an A. If I had to get A's on my finals to keep my A in the class, id never manage an A :cry:

WTF is wrong with you?

Honestly jeez

You were guaranteed an A in the class and are upset about some teacher not giving you a formula for a final which you didn't have to take? What the hell do you have against that teacher? So what if he didn't give you a formula... YOu think you did bad just because you were tired? Give me a break.

wow

Redemption, I retook the exam today. I think I did MUCH better. All is well in the world again. There was no way in hell I would let myself do so poorly, even if It dident count for anything, on an exam like that. I can't wait to see what I get. Its probably not 100%, but it sure as hell ant as bad as the first one.

Related to Tales of Two Finals: A Frustrating Story

1. What is the premise of "Tales of Two Finals: A Frustrating Story?"

The story follows two students as they navigate their final exams in college. One student is well-prepared and confident, while the other is struggling and stressed. The story explores the different approaches to studying and the outcomes for each student.

2. Is "Tales of Two Finals: A Frustrating Story" based on a true story?

No, the story is fictional. However, it is based on common experiences and challenges that many students face during finals week.

3. What is the main message or lesson of the story?

The main message is that preparation and hard work are key to success, but also that everyone has their own unique ways of studying and managing stress. It's important to find what works best for you and not compare yourself to others.

4. How does "Tales of Two Finals: A Frustrating Story" relate to the scientific field?

The story highlights the importance of studying and time management, which are crucial skills for success in any scientific field. It also touches on the concept of resilience and adapting to challenges, which is important in the constantly changing and evolving world of science.

5. Why is "Tales of Two Finals: A Frustrating Story" relevant and important?

The story is relevant to anyone who has experienced the stress and pressure of final exams. It also emphasizes the value of hard work and determination in achieving goals, which is a universal lesson. Additionally, it sheds light on the different study methods and learning styles that can impact academic success.