Summer courses in Europe for undergraduates (chemistry/physics)

In summary, the speaker is looking for summer programs in Europe that offer courses or research experiences in areas such as physical chemistry, soft matter, nanosciences, mathematics, physics, and computer sciences. They are also open to opportunities at their own university and suggest reaching out to research groups for potential opportunities.
Sirium
Hi all, in few days I'm going to start my undergraduate chemistry degree. I heard there are summer programs for undergraduates and I was searching for them but i couldn't find any.
I was wondering if there is any summer school that offers summer courses or research experiences for undergraduates students in area of physical chemistry, soft matter, nanosciences or something like that (I'm also interested in extra courses in mathematics, physics, computer sciences or anything else that could help me in science carer).
I know I have a whole year before next summer but I like to plan in advance :biggrin:

ps. It would be nice if summer school is in Europe, but I'm ready to check other opportunities.

Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure about summer courses (my experience is that universities stop formal teaching over the summer) but you can definitely try to get some research experience in a lab. Research groups sometimes get some summer students working for a couple of months so your best bet would be to email groups of interest directly to see if there are any opportunities for this. In your first year this might be difficult since you won't be very experienced in which case try sticking with your own university. Ask your lecturer or tutor that you would already be in contact with - big research groups will usually have some small projects for an undergrad to do and most are not against the idea of having a free slave for the summer!

Thank you :)

Related to Summer courses in Europe for undergraduates (chemistry/physics)

1. What are some popular universities in Europe that offer summer courses in chemistry and physics for undergraduates?

Some popular universities in Europe that offer summer courses in chemistry and physics for undergraduates include ETH Zurich in Switzerland, University of Oxford in the United Kingdom, Technical University of Munich in Germany, and University of Copenhagen in Denmark.

2. Can international students apply for summer courses in Europe?

Yes, international students can apply for summer courses in Europe. However, it is important to check the specific requirements and application process for each university as they may vary.

3. Are there any scholarships available for summer courses in Europe?

Some universities in Europe may offer scholarships for summer courses, but they are often limited and competitive. It is recommended to research and apply for external scholarships or financial aid options as well.

4. What is the duration of summer courses in Europe for undergraduates?

The duration of summer courses in Europe for undergraduates can vary from a few weeks to a couple of months. It is important to check the specific course length for each university and plan accordingly.

5. Do summer courses in Europe for undergraduates count towards academic credit?

It depends on the university and the specific course. Some summer courses may offer academic credit that can be transferred to your home university, while others may not. It is important to check with your home university and the course provider for more information.