Stupid and pointless videos you've stumbled across

In summary, the person in this video talks about how looks don't matter, but most of the time they pick people based on looks.
JerryClower
I spend a lot of time searching through random videos on YouTube. I always find such pointless videos. Post pointless videos that you've found.

Here's one (of the many) I've found:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
i find it more difficult to come across youtube videos that aren't pointless these days

all rick-roll videos.

Harry Potter.But seriously, nothing beats Antoine Dodson.

Longest video (571 hours):

It's not even actual video. More like one blurry frame each second.

Warning: Do not watch this video if you just ate...

While far superior, as far as aesthetically pleasing goes, it's by far more annoying. Except for maybe that badger thing.

Jerry, do you like metal?

Thy, I thought she was cute! Infectious enthusiasm.

DoggerDan said:
Thy, I thought she was cute! Infectious enthusiasm.

I can see the appeal but she reminds me of an ex who was a horrible, lecherous fiend. DIE! :p

Thy Apathy said:

While far superior, as far as aesthetically pleasing goes, it's by far more annoying.

its more of a fact that she decided to post a video on the internet about it that makes it stupid, otherwise she looks nice...

wukunlin said:
its more of a fact that she decided to post a video on the internet about it that makes it stupid, otherwise she looks nice...

To be honest, I only clicked on her video because I thought she was sort of cute. I don't care much about what she's got to say. From what I gather it's always something along the lines of "keep smiling, be happy, don't make the same mistakes" kind of stuff. While this is all very good advice, she does need to have 50 videos like that on the internet. Or anywhere else for that matter.

It's great she's being heard out but I'd be damned, she barely ever says anything very useful. I'd bet that if she looked like Beth Ditto and danced around in her nice little dress singing about zombie slayers, she would have *more* viewers than she does now...except that she'd be laughed at more than anything else.

This reminds me of an interesting thing: how does attraction start? I always hear people saying "looks don't matter, it's the person inside that does" and all that jazz. I find that, with me at least, the looks do matter a great deal. Let's say I'm sitting alone at Starbucks and I see two different persons that I could talk to ('cause they're not with anyone either), which would make my otherwise boring afternoon, somewhat interesting. Person a) is Kimmi Smiles. Person b) is Beth Ditto. Guess who I'd pick?! Of course, what comes after is who the person is. If it turns out that Smiles is very stupid and doesn't have much to offer, then the odds are we won't be seeing each other again. And maybe the fat chick is a truly amazing person, for all I know but the fact that she's fat made me ignore her and choose to initiate conversation with the nicer looking person. Does this make me a shallow individual? I'd like to think not. I was proposed with two options, I chose the one which seemed more appealing to me. If placed in another situation with only Beth Ditto available, I would choose her and hear her out. If anything, I think I'm actually honest about this. Most people I've encountered (and to clarify: this is purely *anecdotal* and based on what I *perceived* of a situation) who have expressed views about looks being *unimportant* did not sound like they meant any of it.

I found this video yesterday. I wish I wouldn't have. View at your own risk.

DoggerDan said:
Longest video (571 hours):

It's not even actual video. More like one blurry frame each second.

In case anyone is wondering, that video is 1.8gb :)

stupid and pointless, but entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LzW9O40OLw

Related to Stupid and pointless videos you've stumbled across

1. What makes a video "stupid" or "pointless"?

There is no definitive answer to this question as it is subjective and varies from person to person. However, some common characteristics of "stupid" or "pointless" videos may include lack of purpose or substance, poor production quality, and repetitive or unoriginal content.

2. Why do people watch and share these types of videos?

Many people watch and share "stupid" or "pointless" videos as a form of entertainment or to pass time. These videos often provide a break from more serious or thought-provoking content and can be mindless and easy to consume. Additionally, some individuals may find humor or enjoyment in these types of videos.

3. Are there any benefits to watching "stupid" or "pointless" videos?

It is important to note that the term "stupid" or "pointless" is subjective and can vary from person to person. However, watching videos, regardless of their content, can have some benefits such as reducing stress and promoting relaxation. These videos can also serve as a form of escapism from everyday life.

4. What impact do these types of videos have on society?

Again, the impact of "stupid" or "pointless" videos on society is subjective and can vary. Some argue that these types of videos contribute to a culture of mindless consumption and distract individuals from more important issues. Others argue that they serve as harmless entertainment and have no significant impact on society.

5. How can we prevent "stupid" or "pointless" videos from becoming popular?

It is not the responsibility of any one person or group to prevent certain types of videos from becoming popular. However, individuals can choose to be more mindful of the content they consume and share, and actively seek out more meaningful or thought-provoking content. Additionally, platforms and media outlets can also play a role in promoting more diverse and substantial content.