Statistical physicist in training

• Thread starter noequilibrium
  • Start date
In summary, a statistical physicist in training is someone who is studying the principles and theories of physics and applying statistical methods to analyze and understand complex systems and phenomena. They use mathematical models and data analysis techniques to make predictions and draw conclusions about the behavior of physical systems. This field combines the disciplines of physics and statistics to provide a deeper understanding of the natural world and its underlying laws. Through their training, statistical physicists gain the skills and knowledge to tackle a wide range of problems, from analyzing the behavior of atoms and molecules to studying the properties of complex materials and systems.
noequilibrium
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hi all, pleasure to be here!

I'm a PhD student from the UK whose research interests are based around statistical physics and soft matter physics. I also have a soft-spot for continuum-mechanical theories, so much so that I once considered going into engineering research instead (although knowing continuum mechanics is really useful for soft matter research, so I guess it's not so bad). I focus on theory/computation exclusively and my aim is to pursue an academic career.
I spend most of my time doing mathematics or writing code, which is nice because those are what I like to do best. When I'm not doing either of those, I can be found reading science fiction.

Looking forward to contributing in any way that I can. :)

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. It's great to have you here. :smile:

Likes noequilibrium