Should We Censor Speech on Online Forums?

• Thread starter Delawarelife
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, the conversation revolves around the rules and regulations of a forum, specifically the Physics Forum (PF). The forum is American-based and operates like a private club with its own set of rules. Freedom of speech is not applicable in this context. The conversation also touches on the topic of censorship and the deletion of posts.
Delawarelife
is this the nazi physics fourm...sure no American..uknow free stuff..like speech..and so..well.2bad..so sad..Cu..no want 2b u..huff...huff.ratz !

be well.

still can't spell

Physics news on Phys.org
fo sho yo! word to you mutha. Ice Ice baby. Peace.

Too much about jesus in that last post.

Evo said:
Too much about jesus in that last post.

it was use as a refrence point in real time..I could have used any history icon..but jesus was a major turnning point as fars as WE use..uknow 2009.

Just a couple of quick clarifications:

-PF is an American forum.
-PF is akin to a private club: anyone can join, but it has rules. Think of it like the owner of the forum is having you over to his house to discuss science. You have to abide by his rules.
-The above has nothing whatsoever to do with freedom of speech. Freedom of speech quite simply doesn't apply.

CU Delawarelife sorry bout ur spellin

russ_watters said:
Just a couple of quick clarifications:

-PF is an American forum.
-PF is akin to a private club: anyone can join, but it has rules. Think of it like the owner of the forum is having you over to his house to discuss science. You have to abide by his rules.
-The above has nothing whatsoever to do with freedom of speech. Freedom of speech quite simply doesn't apply.

you deleted a reply post here..man

Last edited by a moderator:
"Think of it like the owner of the forum is having you over to his house to discuss science. You have to abide by his rules."

I don't know about other people, but when I invite guests to my house, I let them say whatever they want. Just my two cents. Then again, this isn't my house, so by all means, let's have some rules.

Crazy thing, Delawarelife, he deleted a post in this very thread where I (jokingly/mockingly/ironically) agreed with you. He makes a compelling point in his post, though. House rules, etc., etc.

I deleted the posts. And this has run it's course. The thread is making no sense.

AUMathTutor said:
I don't know about other people, but when I invite guests to my house, I let them say whatever they want.
I very much doubt that that is true.

Related to Should We Censor Speech on Online Forums?

What does it mean when my thread was deleted?

When a thread is deleted, it means that it has been completely removed from the forum or discussion board. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as violating community guidelines or being reported by other users.

Why was my thread deleted?

There are several possible reasons why your thread may have been deleted. It could be because it contained inappropriate or offensive content, violated community guidelines, or was reported by other users. It's important to review the rules and guidelines of the forum or discussion board to ensure your posts comply with them.

Can I get my thread undeleted?

If your thread was deleted by mistake or you believe it was unjustly removed, you can reach out to the forum moderators or administrators to request for it to be undeleted. However, if your thread was deleted for valid reasons, it is unlikely that it will be restored.

Will I be notified if my thread is deleted?

In most cases, you will receive a notification if your thread has been deleted. This could be in the form of an email or a message within the forum or discussion board. If you did not receive a notification, it's possible that the reason for deletion was a technical issue or a mistake.

What can I do to prevent my threads from being deleted in the future?

To avoid having your threads deleted, make sure to read and follow the rules and guidelines of the forum or discussion board. Avoid posting offensive or inappropriate content, and be respectful of other users. If you are unsure about the appropriateness of your post, you can always reach out to the moderators for clarification.