Self-Studying Theoretical Physics: A Journey of Learning and Growth

• Thread starter carpenoctem
  • Start date
In summary, self-studying theoretical physics is a challenging but rewarding journey that involves continuous learning and personal growth. It requires dedication, discipline, and a strong understanding of mathematical concepts. Through self-studying, individuals can explore various topics at their own pace and gain a deeper understanding of the fundamental principles that govern our universe. It also allows for creativity and independent thinking, as one delves into complex theories and attempts to solve problems on their own. While it may be a daunting task, self-studying theoretical physics can lead to a fulfilling and enriching experience for those who are passionate about the subject.
carpenoctem
Hi guys

I'm Aryo. A 22 year old guy from Tehran, Iran with a BSc in pure mathematics. I joined PF because I'm looking for like-minded people to share knowledge and communicate because I've decided not to continue an academic path any longer. I believe the academic system can be too much reliability at times. It sets you back in life when you're in the best years of your life. Plus, if you want to learn something, you should get your hands dirty and learn through problem solving, trial and error or thinking by yourself.

I have decided to self-study theoretical physics from scratch. My math background, besides regular math courses, includes differential manifolds, real analysis, module theory, algebraic topology and some 3-manifolds theory. I don't want to be a top-notch theoretical physicist. I don't intend to be someone who comes up with a great theory like Einstein. I just want to be a run-of-the-mill person who knows some advanced physics and wants to learn more everyday only for the sake of it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Likes carpenoctem