Problem with permission to post

• Thread starter CWatters
  • Start date
In summary, several times today I've had my replies to open threads refused with a message along the lines of "You do not have permission to...". None of the threads were locked or in the process of being moved. In each case if I typed my reply in again it was eventually accepted. Usually I only had to retry once but just now it took three attempts.
CWatters
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Several times today I've had my replies to open threads refused with a message along the lines of "You do not have permission to...". None of the threads were locked or in the process of being moved. In each case if I typed my reply in again it was eventually accepted. Usually I only had to retry once but just now it took three attempts. Anyone had same issue?

Example would be this thread...

https://www.physicsforums.com/index.php?threads/856044/

In case it matters I'm using the app on a tablet.

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Where is that URL structure used? It is not normal.
On the subject of post permissions, Yesterday while trying to post replies I didn't receive any notices but the cursor froze until I restarted my browser, not sure if it was a problem on my end or some other bug, once browser restarted things worked fine.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Where is that URL structure used? It is not normal.

The app gave it to me using "Copy URL".

This is getting too frustrating. It's just thrown away a long post I one finger typed on my tablet. May have to take a break from the forum until this is fixed.

This thread will do! I got the error first time I tried to post #5 above.

I don't get the error using chrome only when using the App. Deleting the App data seems to stop the error for awhile but it quickly comes back, perhaps after three or four posts?

Its now doing it on my phone as well ad my tablet. Will try a reinstall tomorrow.

Test Post.

Related to Problem with permission to post

1. What does "problem with permission to post" mean?

"Problem with permission to post" refers to an issue where a user is unable to post or publish content on a website or platform due to a lack of proper authorization or permission.

2. Why am I getting a "problem with permission to post" message?

You may be receiving this message because you do not have the necessary permissions or privileges to post content on the website or platform. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as not being a registered user or not having the correct account settings.

3. How can I resolve the "problem with permission to post" issue?

The best way to resolve this issue is to check your account settings and make sure you have the appropriate permissions to post. If you are still having trouble, you can contact the website or platform's customer support for further assistance.

4. Can I still view content even if I have a "problem with permission to post"?

In most cases, you should still be able to view content on the website or platform even if you are experiencing a "problem with permission to post." This issue only affects your ability to post or publish content, not your ability to view it.

5. Is there a way to prevent a "problem with permission to post" in the future?

To avoid encountering this issue in the future, make sure to carefully read and follow the website or platform's terms and conditions. Additionally, keep your account settings up to date and always follow proper procedures when posting content.