Messgae post linking problems?

• Thread starter TumblingDice
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involved a user experiencing a technical issue where their post appeared twice and was identified as post #20. They deleted the second post and now their post and the one preceding it are both displayed as #19. The user also mentioned seeing a message about a broken link or record not found, but the page looks fine except for the numbering issue. The thread continued with additional posts and the numbering incremented as expected, except for the two #19 posts.
TumblingDice
Gold Member
I posted a reply a moment ago in this thread:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/how-do-i-calculate-this.773261/

My post appeared twice, and both were identified as post #20 in the top right corners. I refreshed the page and same display. Checked my posts from profile and sure enough, two messages. So... I deleted the second post #20. Now my post and the one from Ali preceding it are both display as #19.

Also, I swear I saw a message that read something like "link broken" or "record not found" or something 'not good' flash on the screen as the page displays. But it looks O.K. except fr the numbering...

Physics news on Phys.org
'been watching. I saw that when Voko added a post, the pair of 19's (Ali and me) remained the same. Waited for another shoe to drop, yet DrStupid added another post a few minutes ago. The thread is now on a second page and post numbering is incrementing as expected, except for the two #19 posts.

Related to Messgae post linking problems?

1. What are message post linking problems?

Message post linking problems refer to issues that occur when trying to share or connect posts between different messaging platforms or social media channels. This can include broken links, incorrect formatting, or posts not appearing at all.

2. What causes message post linking problems?

Message post linking problems can be caused by a variety of factors, including technical issues with the platform, incorrect code or formatting, or changes to the platform's algorithms or policies.

3. How can I prevent message post linking problems?

To prevent message post linking problems, it is important to double check all links and formatting before posting, and to make sure the platforms being used are compatible with each other. Staying up to date on any changes to platform policies or algorithms can also help prevent issues.

4. How can I troubleshoot message post linking problems?

If you encounter message post linking problems, start by checking the links and formatting used in the post. If those are correct, try sharing the post on a different platform or device to see if the issue persists. If the problem continues, it may be necessary to contact the platform's support team for assistance.

5. Are message post linking problems common?

Yes, message post linking problems are fairly common, especially as social media platforms continue to evolve and update their algorithms and policies. However, by staying informed and taking necessary precautions, these issues can often be avoided or easily resolved.