Post a great short prhase w/ attribution.

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Short
In summary, Dr. Depak Chopra's study found that couples from different cultures touch each other less than couples from different countries.
turbo
Gold Member
I even like the chicken if the sauce is not too blue. ZZtop "TV Dinners"

Physics news on Phys.org
If you think that there is a 50% chance that you are right
There is a 90% probability that you are wrong.

by A. Nonny Mouse

Merge 'em if you like, Ivan. I should have clarified that the thread was for stuff that appeals to you for some reason, but wouldn't really qualify as a "favorite quote" or a great quote. There are lots of clever lines that just ring in my mind (lots from music) that aren't great quotes.

Ex:

I walked in, and my heartbeat jumped
My hair stood up, and my skin goose-bumped
My mind went blank, and my IQ slumped
And my judgment hit the road

Highway 101, "Bing Bang, Boom" - a song about love at first sight.

Clever and hooky, but not real quote-worthy.

My wife is so skinny that she has to run back and forth in the shower just to get wet - Dean Martin's Uncle.

The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick - try saying that one three times, real fast. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Gloria: Do you know that 60 percent of all deaths in America are caused by guns?
Archie Bunker: Would it make you feel any better if dey was pushed out of windows?
---Carol OConner; All in the Family

A study was done to determine the average number of tactile contacts between husbands and wives [in a public place] as a function of culture. Although the numbers given here are not necessarily accurate they still convey the idea. “Couples from India touched each other an average of fifteen times per hour. Chinese couples touched about twelve times every hour. The French came in at about eight times per hour, and Americans averaged about three times every hour. “As for the British, we are still waiting.” --- Dr. Depak Chopra

“The trouble with our times,” Paul Valéry said, “is that the future is not what it used to be.”

Last edited:
"I drink myself to sleep, because I'm losing faith"
Propaghandi

Related to Post a great short prhase w/ attribution.

1. What is a "short phrase" in the context of "Post a great short phrase w/ attribution?"

A short phrase is a brief and concise grouping of words that effectively conveys a message or idea.

2. Why is attribution important when posting a short phrase?

Attribution gives credit to the original creator or source of the short phrase and acknowledges their work.

3. Can I use any short phrase for my post?

While there is no set rule for what constitutes a "great" short phrase, it is important to ensure that the phrase is appropriate and aligns with your intended message or content. It is also crucial to properly attribute the phrase to its original source.

4. Where can I find short phrases to post?

Short phrases can be found in various sources such as books, articles, songs, movies, or even everyday conversations. You can also create your own original short phrase.

5. How do I properly attribute a short phrase?

When attributing a short phrase, it is important to include the name of the creator or source, the title of the work or publication where the phrase is found, and the date it was created (if available). This can be done through a direct quote or by citing the source in your post.