Describe Your Look: Share Your Appearance Here!

• Thread starter Sophia
  • Start date
In summary: I have brown eyes and dark brown hair. I'm about 155 cm tall and I usually wear jeans and a T-shirt. I don't really care about my appearance, but I like to dress stylishly.
Sophia
This thread is inspired by @StatGuy2000 s post about race and ethnicity of PF members that has been deleted.
I think it was a very interesting idea, so I'll try to rephrase the question so that it can't be banned for racism. It will also be a good update to earlier threads about how members are imagined by others.
The task is to describe your physical appereance so that we can imagine you. Use whatever categories feel comfortable. Those truly brave can even post their real photos! I'm not so courageous :p

So guess I should go first...
I'm a 28 yo female, fair skin, short light brown hair, blue-green eyes. I'm only 150 cm short :p (hey, I could have been a great gymnast!).
I'm short-sighted and wear glasses very similar to these
upload_2016-8-25_20-11-7.jpeg

My favourite clothes are jeans and T-shirt or sweatshirt in winter. I usually don't wear makeup (I'm lazy and have sensitive skin and eyes) but I like wearing colourful earrings :)

Likes gracy
Physics news on Phys.org
Am a 58 y/o m who loves working out. You might recognize me in a crowd by the way I keep an eye on the crowd...

Love being part of the PF community. :smile:

Likes davenn and Sophia
For some reason, the member photo thread is no longer a sticky. :oldconfused: It has entries from 2003 to 2015.

Likes Sophia
jtbell said:
For some reason, the member photo thread is no longer a sticky. :oldconfused: It has entries from 2003 to 2015.
Greg must have unstuck it, when it got moved out of general discussion, people stopped posting to it.

Myself i resemble that guy in my avatar...

well, maybe a little more gray above the ears.

dadfishingcropped.jpg

Last edited:
Likes dlgoff, whitsona2, ProfuselyQuarky and 3 others
jtbell said:
Oh, I haven't seen it! It's better than FB :)

jim hardy said:

View attachment 105078
Cool photo, Jim! :) I always thought your avatar is your real photo, but you actual look is similar, so not a big deal. Looks like you had a great day on the sea!

I am 6ft tall weigh 14 stone, I am 65 but people think I am in my 50 is, i have a receding hair line so i all ways have a number 1 hair cut I have green eyes, and broad shoulders, people all ways recognize me because i wear a hat, I am not happy with looks because I am over weight and even though i shave every day i all ways
have a stubble:mad:

wolram said:
I am 6ft tall weigh 14 stone, I am 65 but people think I am in my 50 is, i have a receding hair line so i all ways have a number 1 hair cut I have green eyes, and broad shoulders, people all ways recognize me because i wear a hat, I am not happy with looks because I am over weight and even though i shave every day i all ways
No worries, because it well all ways make you look like a man.

wolram said:

oh don't worry, if Google conversion is right, 89kg for such height (182cm) is not so bad! I agree with @Pepper Mint it's a fine weight for a man :)

Daaamn! :H I don't look like a man then :cry:

Sophia said:
oh don't worry, if Google conversion is right, 89kg for such height (182cm) is not so bad! I agree with @Pepper Mint it's a fine weight for a man :)
Sophia are you also interested in old men's looks ? If so, we are in the same boat. Let's row till we reach the banks.

Pepper Mint said:
Sophia are you also interested in old men's looks ? If so, we are in the same boat. Let's row till we reach the banks.
I'm interested in looks of fellow members so I can picture them when I read their posts :)

Just think of the magazine GQ...:wink:

jim hardy said:
Myself i

Btw, Jim, who's that guy holding you in the photo? :biggrin:

Likes Comeback City, ProfuselyQuarky, Hoophy and 3 others
DiracPool said:
Just think of the magazine GQ...:wink:
Btw, Jim, who's that guy holding you in the photo? [emoji3]
I always knew you looked like this! This is the first picture I got when searching for gq
uploadfromtaptalk1472208443167.jpg

Likes DiracPool
<--- More beardy, more colourful and less skinny than that

Likes ProfuselyQuarky and Sophia
StatGuyPic.jpg

Thanks Sophia for being inspired by my (now deleted) post!

As for me, I'm 40 years old (turning 41 in October), although almost everyone says I look younger than my age. I'm 174cm (5'8.5-5'9") tall and fairly lean at about 63.5kg (140lb) with black hair (with a touch of gray) and brown eyes.

Here is a recent picture of me above in downtown Toronto, across from the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO). Well, not that recent -- the picture was taken 6 years ago, but I look more or less the same now as I did then. :)

Last edited:
I'm 31 years old, 174 cm tall, and weigh 58 Kg (feel free to convert that to Fahrenheit or whatever you guys use :P).

I'm Egyptian, as some people might be able to guess from my photo.

*Photo of me in front of my family's house. Honest!

buckingham.jpg

Likes blue_leaf77 and 1oldman2
I look like a cross between Lyle Lovett and Jim Varney :eek:
IMG_3679.JPG

I am 5'4.5" (164 cm) tall, weigh 130 pounds (59 kg), and I am 56 years old. I am kept young by my ten-year-old daughter,

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/its-a-girl.130297/#post-1071123

My wife recently said to me "How can you eat twice as much as I do, and stay so skinny?" My avatar picture (below) was taken two years ago.

For berkeman and Jim: look at the trace on the scope. I give this as a puzzle to students.
George Jones.jpg

Last edited:
Likes ShayanJ
George Jones said:
For berkeman and Jim: look at the trace on the scope. I give this as a puzzle to students.
{off-topic] I love puzzles, but need a closeup shot of the screen and 'scope settings...[/off-topic] :smile:

Likes dlgoff
Okay, I'll play. I'm 6' 2" tall, and 185 lb. I just turned 72. Two of my most favorite activities are riding my motorcycles and going on hiking or backpacking trips in the Washington Cascades and Olympics. The backpacking trips are typically from two days to a week, sometimes longer, and we cover anywhere from 25 to 55 miles, with much of it off-trail.

I have four motorcycles, all Harleys. This is probably my favorite - a 1948 FL ("Panhead"). I have another that's older -- 1946 -- but still younger than I am, and two newer ones, a '91 FXR and a 2000 Superglide.
panhead1.jpg

Likes 1oldman2, ProfuselyQuarky and Sophia
Sophia said:
I always thought your avatar is your real photo, but you actual look is similar,
Thanks Sophia,

that guy in avatar is me at work, about 20 years ago...

"i don't remember growing older,
when did he ?"

old jim

Likes Sophia and Pepper Mint
Sadly, I don't show up on film. Or even cast a shadow.

Likes JorisL, mheslep, ProfuselyQuarky and 3 others
Everyone looks gorgeous!

jim hardy said:
Thanks Sophia,

that guy in avatar is me at work, about 20 years ago...

"i don't remember growing older,
when did he ?"

old jim
LOL, You fooled me :-)
All of you look lovely, guys!

Likes StatGuy2000 and jim hardy
berkeman said:
Am a 58 y/o m who loves working out. You might recognize me in a crowd by the way I keep an eye on the crowd...

Love being part of the PF community. :smile:

wow only a approx. year between us ... was 57 last July
jim hardy said:

View attachment 105078

outstanding pic, Jim :smile:

I can scrub up quite well when need. My citizenship ceremony, 2004

upload_2016-8-27_19-54-19.png
earlier in 2016, just before starting the full beard growth and a few unwanted additional kg's

upload_2016-8-27_19-56-9.png

Yeah, I am a Pink Floyd addict :-pDave

Likes dlgoff and 1oldman2
davenn said:
My citizenship ceremony, 2004
What were you before that?

When I was twelve years old, my Finnish-American grandfather died. My mother took me to the bank with her when she opened his safe-deposit box to clean it out. I saw his naturalization certificate from the early 1900s, which said: "Previous allegiance: Czar of Russia". Even though I wasn't surprised (I knew about Finland's history by then), I was impressed. Unfortunately my mother apparently didn't keep it (nor her sister, my aunt) because I've never seen it since then. :frown:

jtbell said:
What were you before that?

Kiwi ( New Zealand)
I hold dual citizenship, New Zealand and Australia

jtbell said:
When I was twelve years old, my Finnish-American grandfather died. My mother took me to the bank with her when she opened his safe-deposit box to clean it out. I saw his naturalization certificate from the early 1900s, which said: "Previous allegiance: Czar of Russia". Even though I wasn't surprised (I knew about Finland's history by then), I was impressed.

interesting history :smile:

jtbell said:
Unfortunately my mother apparently didn't keep it (nor her sister, my aunt) because I've never seen it since then. :frown:

that's a real loss :frown:Dave

davenn said:
eah, I am a Pink Floyd addict :-p
Love the shirt, Mr. Gilmour a personal hero of mine.

Likes davenn
I am waiting to see Sophia and Evo's latest pictures.

Mark44 said:
I have four motorcycles, all Harleys. This is probably my favorite - a 1948 FL ("Panhead"). I have another that's older -- 1946 -- but still younger than I am
Just tonight my wife and I were watching a TV report on the Bull City Rumble in Durham NC next weekend. Looks like you'd fit right in there. :biggrin:

What an entertaining thread! Nice everyone :smile:

jtbell said:
Just tonight my wife and I were watching a TV report on the Bull City Rumble in Durham NC next weekend. Looks like you'd fit right in there. :biggrin:
Yep. Too bad for me that it's on the opposite side of the US.

Likes Pepper Mint
Mark44 said:
Yep. Too bad for me that it's on the opposite side of the US.
Yes and his wife sure didn't know about that. :DD

I'll have a go;

I'm Female, 20 (21 soon, I'm feeling old), short dark brown/ black hair, it's so thick I can't have it long or it forms dreadlocks. It's naturally quite ginger but I think I'm the only person in the whole who doesn't suit their natural hair colour. I'm 5'4"/ 164cm, don't know my weight but I'm a UK 8/ US 4. Ethnicity - half Jewish, I'm constantly told I have 'the Jewish look', it differs by person whether that is a compliment or not.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 416
Likes StatGuy2000, ProfuselyQuarky and Sophia