Physics or Math: Which Was More Challenging for Engineering Students?

• Thread starter animalcroc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Poll
In summary, the conversation revolves around the difficulty of physics and math in undergraduate engineering studies. One person believes that math is more challenging, while another thinks that both subjects are equally difficult and complement each other. However, some peers have found the intro physics courses to be more challenging.
animalcroc
Engineers and engineering majors, what did you find more difficult in your
undergraduate studies, physics or math?

Physics news on Phys.org
Engineering majors don't do much pure physics, just the intro courses, so definitely the math is harder.

I started out in nuclear and astrophysics and migrated to nuclear engineering, which itself involved a fair amount of math and nuclear physics.

I wouldn't say that either the math or physics is harder than the other. They go hand in hand, and get more complex the further one advances. I find the math and physics complementary.

I would say that at first physics is easier, but once you get into complex proofs in math, math is suddenly killer.

It seems that well of the majority of my peers at UCSD have found the intro physics courses more difficult.

I'm straddling the middle.

Related to Physics or Math: Which Was More Challenging for Engineering Students?

1. What is a "Poll for the engineers"?

A "Poll for the engineers" is a survey or questionnaire specifically designed to gather feedback and opinions from engineers, typically related to their work or field of expertise.

2. Who conducts a "Poll for the engineers"?

A "Poll for the engineers" is usually conducted by a team of researchers or scientists in order to collect data and insights from engineers for a specific purpose, such as improving a product or understanding industry trends.

3. How is a "Poll for the engineers" different from other surveys or polls?

A "Poll for the engineers" is tailored specifically for engineers and their unique perspective and expertise. It may include technical questions or focus on topics relevant to the engineering field.

4. What types of questions are typically included in a "Poll for the engineers"?

A "Poll for the engineers" may include questions about engineering processes, technologies, and tools, as well as opinions on industry trends, challenges, and innovations. It may also gather demographic information and feedback on specific products or projects.

5. How are the results of a "Poll for the engineers" used?

The results of a "Poll for the engineers" are used to gain insights and understanding into the engineering field, which can inform decision making, improve products or processes, and contribute to advancements in the industry.