Organizing PF Posts for a Professional Portfolio: Is It Possible?

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about using a personal portfolio of posts on a forum for job applications. The individual is seeking advice on how to organize and present their posts, with the suggestion of printing or saving them as a PDF. It is also mentioned that using the forum as part of a portfolio may not be the best approach and a link to access the posts is provided.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi all,
I know my posts/contents can be found at : https://www.physicsforums.com/search/1647215/

I am trying to use this address as a personal portfolio for job applications. Is there a way of breaking down the contents maybe into 1) My PF lounge posts 2) My other , more "professional" posts (I would like to present these last as my portfolio)?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I would print them out or save as a PDF and then merge into a portfolio of some kind that you can give to a future employer. I wouldn't suggest referring to PF as part of your portfolio.

That link does not work - it is your search query, only you can access the results.

This link will start a new search for every user accessing it: https://www.physicsforums.com/search/member?user_id=69719
It might be possible to restrict it to specific forums with additional parameters (not just the user_id), but I don't know XenForo well enough.

Related to Organizing PF Posts for a Professional Portfolio: Is It Possible?

1. What is parsing?

Parsing refers to the process of analyzing a piece of text or code in order to understand its structure and meaning. In the context of posting or content, parsing is used to break down the text into smaller components that can be interpreted and manipulated by a computer program.

2. Why is parsing important?

Parsing is important because it allows computers to understand and make use of the information contained in a piece of text. It is a crucial step in many processes, such as data analysis, natural language processing, and programming.

3. How does parsing work?

Parsing typically involves several steps, including lexical analysis, syntactic analysis, and semantic analysis. In lexical analysis, the text is broken down into individual words or symbols. Syntactic analysis then uses rules of grammar to understand the relationships between these words or symbols. Finally, semantic analysis assigns meaning to the text based on the rules of the programming language being used.

4. What are some common tools or methods used for parsing?

There are many different tools and methods used for parsing, depending on the specific context and programming language. Some common tools include regular expressions, parsers generated by parser generators, and hand-written parsers. Some programming languages also have built-in parsing functions or libraries that can be used.

5. Can parsing be done manually?

Yes, parsing can be done manually, but it is generally a time-consuming and error-prone process. This is why most programmers rely on automated tools and methods for parsing. However, manual parsing can be useful for smaller or simpler tasks, or when working with specialized or non-standard data formats.