Finding earlier Posts Quickly?

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
In summary, there is no way to have your posts in reverse order. However, you can use the search function to find older posts.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi All,
I would like to see my posts in reverse order, i.e., listed from the earliest to the latest, if possible.
I know I can use the " Your Content" link within " MY PF" , but then I have to repeatedly go to the
latest and repeat this process, click "7" ( Please see below):
upload_2017-9-5_18-51-29.png

( Sorry, I don't know how to enlarge the screenshot ) until I reach the end of my posts, which takes a lot of time. Is there a way of having the order of the output inverted, or doing the search in a different way?
( Sorry, I searched other posts but did not see an answer).
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Not exactly what you've asked for, but the usual search function with "posted by" has an option "newer than". I sometimes think, whether I should insert search tags in my posts, but I never think about it, when I write one.

F_FAA 4563 :biggrin:

Likes WWGD
There is no proper way to find your oldest posts, unfortunately. The search function is limited to 200 results and has no "oldest first" option.

Likes WWGD
WWGD said:
Sorry, I don't know how to enlarge the screenshot...
I'm not sure you can... PF might have an automatic picture resizer that limits the size to 800px × 500px, or less ?

PF picture size.JPG

However, the picture I just posted is a little bigger... ?

upload_2017-9-7_3-3-14.png
Lol... I'm really not sure how anything works.[COLOR=#black]..o_O[/COLOR]

Last edited:
800x600 should work fine, I'm not sure about larger sizes.

OCR said:
I'm not sure you can... PF might have an automatic picture resizer that limits the size to 800px × 500px, or less ?
Images are resized to a max of 800x600

Greg Bernhardt said:
Images are resized to a max of 800x600
Replying to all, it is possible. Open up a EDIT paint program, paste in, and then you can resize. EDIT: I looked it up after posting, sorry did not post it earlier.

Last edited:
WWGD said:
Replying to all, it is possible. Open up a pint program, paste in, and then you can resize. EDIT: I looked it up after posting, sorry did not post it earlier.
What is a "pint program" ? Oh, wait. You probably mean "paint", yes?

phinds said:
What is a "pint program" ? Oh, wait. You probably mean "paint", yes?
Yes, just edited. My bad.

phinds said:
What is a "pint program" ?
Traditionally, a "pint program" would be the same as a "one-eighth of a gallon program" ...

But I think WWGD is lost somewhere in studying topology, so it might be... ""an any unit, "of an any unit program", program"" .[COLOR=#black]...:approve:[/COLOR]

You just never know about those guys ..... :olduhh:

Mug_and_Torus_morph.gif

Last edited:
Likes WWGD and phinds
OCR said:
Traditionally, a "pint program" would be the same as a "one-eighth of a gallon program" ...
I can't believe I missed something so obvious. Good catch.

OCR said:

But I think WWGD is lost somewhere in studying topology, so it might be... ""an any unit, "of an any unit program", program"" .
[COLOR=#black]...[/COLOR]
According to Occam's Razor, he might simply have missed the last call.

Likes phinds
fresh_42 said:
[COLOR=#black]...[/COLOR]
According to Occam's Razor, he might simply have missed the last call.
Damn. ANOTHER obvious interpretation that I missed. I'm slipping.

phinds said:
Damn. ANOTHER obvious interpretation that I missed. I'm slipping.
Actually, I cut myself while using Occam's razor . I spilled a pint of blood, which paint(ed) my shirt in red ;).

WWGD said:
Actually, I cut myself while using Occam's razor . I spilled a pint of blood, which paint(ed) my shirt in red ;).
OK, now you're going too far :smile:

Likes fresh_42 and WWGD
Lol... I have no idea why this showed up in my posts...
OCR said:
[COLOR=#black]...:approve:[/COLOR]
phinds said:
Good catch.
Thank you, phinds... :ok:

Last edited:

Related to Finding earlier Posts Quickly?

1. How can I search for earlier posts quickly?

To find earlier posts quickly, you can use the search function on the website or platform where the posts are located. This will allow you to enter keywords or phrases related to the posts you are looking for and quickly retrieve them.

2. Is there a specific method or tool for finding earlier posts?

While there are various methods and tools for finding earlier posts, the most common and efficient way is to use the search function. Many websites and platforms also offer filters or categories to narrow down your search results.

3. Can I search for earlier posts by date?

Yes, many websites and platforms allow you to search for earlier posts by date. This is especially useful if you know the approximate date when the post was published or if you are looking for posts from a specific time period.

4. How can I access older posts that are not easily searchable?

If the posts you are looking for are not easily searchable, you can try using specific keywords or phrases related to the posts in a general search engine, such as Google. You can also reach out to the website or platform's support team for assistance in finding the older posts.

5. Are there any tips for quickly finding earlier posts?

Some tips for quickly finding earlier posts include using specific and relevant keywords, utilizing advanced search options if available, and narrowing down your search results by date or category. It may also be helpful to bookmark or save posts that you frequently refer back to.