Organizing Fun Activities for a Group of Friends on Vacation

In summary, the speaker and their friends are on vacation and they are looking for something to do together. The speaker suggests solving riddles but not all of their friends are interested. Going to the beach, hiking, and watching movies are not options. The speaker asks for ideas and suggests playing chess or making a scavenger hunt. They also mention that they made a list of random items for a scavenger hunt during a previous road trip. The speaker also mentions that their friends may not be interested in certain activities because they are "nerdy."
daniel_i_l
Gold Member
Me and 5 of my friends are on vacation now. I wanted to orginize something that we could do together. I personally would enjoy solving riddles and stuff but not all (4) of my friends are that nerdy. On the other hand, going to the beach or on a hike and stuff are out of the question as are movies. Do you guys have any ideas? (even small things could help pass some time)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Where are you vacationing? Maybe there's some cool place around you or if you are surrounded by nature, you may go, explore and admire. At last if you are in the most boring place in scale of excitement 1-10 - 1 then play chess :) Talk, ask, debate :rolleyes:p.s Why do you say they're nerds?

Last edited:
when we went on my road trip we wanted to make a scavenger hunt. we never got around to it, but we made a list of random stuff we didn't think you could find. and then we were going to take pictures when we found it.

Related to Organizing Fun Activities for a Group of Friends on Vacation

1. How do I come up with ideas for fun activities?

When organizing activities for a group of friends on vacation, it's important to consider the interests and preferences of everyone involved. You can start by brainstorming ideas together or asking for suggestions. You can also research local attractions and events in the area to get some inspiration.

2. What are some budget-friendly options for activities?

Fun activities don't have to be expensive! Look for free or low-cost options such as hiking, visiting local parks or museums, having a beach day, or organizing a potluck dinner. You can also save money by booking group discounts or using coupons.

3. How do I make sure everyone in the group is included?

Communication is key when organizing activities for a group. Make sure to involve everyone in the planning process and ask for their input. Consider taking turns with decision-making to ensure everyone gets to participate in activities they are interested in.

4. What should I do if there are conflicting schedules or interests?

It's common for individuals in a group to have different schedules or preferences. In this case, you can try to find a compromise or plan different activities for smaller groups throughout the vacation. It's also important to be understanding and respectful of each person's needs.

5. How can I keep the activities fun and engaging for everyone?

Variety is key when it comes to keeping activities fun and engaging. Mix up the types of activities you plan, such as outdoor and indoor, active and relaxed, or cultural and adventurous. It's also a good idea to have a backup plan in case of bad weather or unexpected changes. Most importantly, make sure everyone feels included and comfortable throughout the activities.