Exploring the Science Behind Seasonal Preferences

• Thread starter waternohitter
  • Start date
In summary, my favorite season is summer because of the warm weather and the endless fun. I really enjoy the warm weather because it’s the perfect atmosphere to do outdoor activities. It is also a great time to relax with friends and family by soaking up the sun at a beach or simply having dinner together.
waternohitter
My favorite season of the year is summer because of the warm weather and the endless fun. I really enjoy the warm weather because it’s the perfect atmosphere to do outdoor activities. It is also a great time to relax with friends and family by soaking up the sun at a beach or simply having dinner together. Let me know yours?

Physics news on Phys.org
Spring because of the buds in bloom with sweet smells. Fall because of autumnal changes with hints of frost.

• Love
Likes Mary Conrads Sanburn and waternohitter
I like them all in general, but here in South Sweden late autumn and winter are quite dull.
It gets very dark, and it rains quite often. So here in Sweden I favor spring, summer and early autumn.

But I actually like winter a lot if there is snow, and even more if there are alpine skiing opportunities.
Winter in the Alps (Austria, Switzerland, South Germany, South-East France and North Italy) can be really wonderful.

waternohitter said:
My favorite season of the year is summer because of the warm weather and the endless fun. I really enjoy the warm weather because it’s the perfect atmosphere to do outdoor activities. It is also a great time to relax with friends and family by soaking up the sun at a beach or simply having dinner together. Let me know yours?
I also like summer's,
I don't know why but I haven't met a single person till now who likes summer.
In winters it is very hard to maintain a comfortable temprature but in summers it is quite easy.
In winters eating cold desserts seems like punishment but in summer I can eat hot food😅 and also my favourite cold deserts which is a plus point,
And I feel some openness in summers,I don't like that dark days of winters.

• Haha
Likes waternohitter
Hemant said:
I also like summer's,
In winters it is very hard to maintain a comfortable temprature but in summers it is quite easy.
In winters eating cold desserts seems like punishment but in summer I can eat hot food😅 and also my favourite cold deserts which is a plus point,
I can feel yeah!

Likes Frigus
Klystron said:
Spring because of the buds in bloom with sweet smells. Fall because of autumnal changes with hints of frost.
This is also some of my reason why second the spring. But I really do like the summer season maybe because I am a summer person. All of my reason is on here https://oanablogs.com/8-reasons-why-i-love-summer/

I like winters especially with rain and snow, assuming I don't have to spend prolonged periods outside.

A song for any season.
The Zombies - Time of the Season

with Lawrence of Arabia, and what I think is Barman's nemesis Poison Ivy

• Love
Likes DennisN
I like winters because of the holiday seasons, cold weather and I can really enjoy having warm food

Likes Klystron
Last night during my last dream of the night I dreamed of my sisters. Despite the warm Winter clothing we wore, their faces showed deep tan, marks of Summer. Standing in age order -- least on the left to eldest on my far right -- we embraced. I contemplated this dilemma of Winter and Summer; age and beauty.

My closest middle sister now deceased, laughed, smiled and admonished me to remember. So.

Last edited:
Likes hutchphd
My favorite season time is late spring and early autumn. The summer is too hot, and the rest of the year is too cold.

Hemant said:
I also like summer's,
True, but you can eat rich foods in winter without them weighing you down. If you eat rich foods in summer, they will knock you out. Maybe Spring gets the best of both. Maybe it is a good idea to capitalize seasons: " Have a good Fall" vs " Have a good fall". Never felt good after falling.

Likes Klystron
Hemant said:
I also like summers,
In winters it is very hard to maintain a comfortable temperature but in summers it is quite easy.
In winters eating cold desserts seems like punishment but in summer I can eat hot food😅 and also my favorite cold deserts which is a plus point,
And I feel some openness in summers, I don't like the dark days of winters.
I agree with you man, but sometimes too much summer can trigger my asthma because of the heat. While winter, I can maintain a temp that was not too warm nor too cold.

Hemant said:
I also like summer's,
Although I understand ice cream sales don't decrease in winter. Still, aren't you in India? I thought winters there were extremely mild.

DennisN said:
I like them all in general, but here in South Sweden late autumn and winter are quite dull.
It gets very dark, and it rains quite often. So here in Sweden I favor spring, summer and early autumn.

But I actually like winter a lot if there is snow, and even more if there are alpine skiing opportunities.
Winter in the Alps (Austria, Switzerland, South Germany, South-East France and North Italy) can be really wonderful.
If you travel to your Finn neighbors, they offer Lapp dances in winter ;).

• Haha
Likes DennisN
My favorite season is whenever NHL playoffs occur.

• Haha
Likes DennisN
256bits said:
The Zombies - Time of the Season
Great song! Thanks, I'm saving it. :smile:

Related to Exploring the Science Behind Seasonal Preferences

1. What is your favorite season?

My favorite season is summer. I love the warm weather, longer days, and being able to spend more time outdoors.

2. Why is summer your favorite season?

I enjoy summer because it allows me to take part in outdoor activities such as hiking, swimming, and camping. I also appreciate the abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables during this season.

3. Do you prefer hot or cold weather?

I prefer hot weather because I find it more enjoyable and comfortable to be in. However, I do appreciate the beauty and activities that come with colder weather during the winter season.

4. What are the benefits of summer compared to other seasons?

Summer offers many benefits such as vitamin D from the sun, opportunities for outdoor activities, and an overall sense of happiness and well-being due to increased serotonin levels.

5. How does summer impact the environment?

Summer can have both positive and negative impacts on the environment. The warm weather can promote plant growth, but it can also lead to droughts and wildfires. Additionally, the increased use of air conditioning during summer can contribute to air pollution and climate change.