Nothing in my email is useful to anyone

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Email
In summary, the individual has been experiencing issues with their email account being accessed by people from the website they joined. They do not believe anything useful is in their email, only personal conversations with friends. They would like to know who is accessing their account, but do not believe they will find out. They express frustration and annoyance at the situation. They are asked for evidence and if they are referring to email notifications from the website. The individual explains that since joining the forum, they have received messages saying they have logged in on another computer or that there have been too many attempts to log in. They are advised to check if they are logged into their email on another browser window. It is suggested that a mentor or admin can check their IP address
JamesU
Gold Member
Ever sice I've joined, My email account has been invaded by(what I think) are people from this site. believe me, nothing in my email is useful to anyone, just me and my friends talking. I do want to know who it is, but that won't happen, so just SSSTTOOPP! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Physics news on Phys.org
you're not serious, are you?

Math Is Hard said:
you're not serious, are you?
why do you ask? :confused:

yomamma said:
why do you ask? :confused:
Why would you think people from PF are getting into your email? What kind of evidence do you have?
Are you talking about those weekly thread subscription notices that come via email?

Math Is Hard said:
Why would you think people from PF are getting into your email? What kind of evidence do you have?
Are you talking about those weekly thread subscription notices that come via email?
Ever since I've joined the forum, my email says either, "you have logged in on another computer" or "you can't log in because there have been too many attempts to log in."

That's an odd problem. What are you using for email? I assume you are using some kind of browser based email client to read it? Which browser are you using? Are you possibly still logged into your email in another browser window?

Maybe a mentor or admin can shed some light. Still, I am pretty sure people here aren't monkeying around with your account.

Someone in admin here could check the ip address and make sure that it is you. Do you log in frequently at school and leave yourself logged in? I don't know if it would make any difference, but its something to look at before blaming someone. This might have nothing to do with PF at all.

I would definitely change all my passwords right away.

Mentors don't have access to member's e-mail information or passwords. Everything is kept private. No one here is tampering with your e-mail.

You should contact your ISP, they may have information on what the problem is.

Edit:

oh man a quick look at your profile revealed that you are not even 13 yet..

and your email is RIGHT THERE, DUH!

Anyone can see it

cronxeh said:
Edit:

oh man a quick look at your profile revealed that you are not even 13 yet..

and your email is RIGHT THERE, DUH!

Anyone can see it
I'll be 13 in 9 days. And a lot of people know what my email adress is, but they've never tried to log in with it.

According to your IP info, you are logging in from at least two different places - are you sure you're not forgetting to log out or having your email account log on automatically in a public place?

Have you changed your password?

Related to Nothing in my email is useful to anyone

1. Why is "nothing in my email useful to anyone"?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that your email is not relevant or interesting to the recipients, or it could be that the content is outdated or unimportant. It's also possible that your email is not formatted in a way that makes it easy for others to understand or use.

2. Can I make my email more useful to others?

Yes, there are a few things you can do to make your email more useful to others. First, make sure the subject line is clear and concise so that recipients know what the email is about. Second, organize the content in a logical and easy-to-read manner. Third, include relevant and specific information that will be useful to the recipients.

3. How can I ensure that my email is useful to others?

To ensure that your email is useful to others, you can follow a few guidelines. First, make sure the content is relevant and important to the recipients. Second, use clear and concise language to communicate your message. Third, provide specific information and details that will be helpful to the recipients. Finally, consider the formatting and layout of your email to make it easy to read and understand.

4. What should I do if I receive an email that is not useful to me?

If you receive an email that is not useful to you, it's best to politely let the sender know. This can help them improve their communication in the future. Additionally, you can also unsubscribe or filter out emails from the sender if you consistently find their emails unhelpful.

5. How can I politely decline an email that is not useful to me?

If you receive an email that is not useful to you, you can politely decline by responding with a brief message explaining that the content is not relevant to you at the moment. You can also offer suggestions for how the sender can improve their communication in the future. It's important to be respectful and professional in your response.