Anyone getting scam emails for Evernote?

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a pair of scam emails that were received from an email address that appeared to be from a family member. The first email asked a technical question and mentioned an article about Ubuntu, while the second email contained a link to sign up for a free account with "Evernote". The legitimacy of the website linked is uncertain.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
Has anyone else received emails that lure you into signing up with "Evernote"?

I received a very clever pair of scam emails. They were from an email address that could have plausibly belonged to one of my brothers, but isn't actually his. The first email asked a technical question and mentioned an article about Ubuntu. It promised to send a link to the article in another email using "Evernote". The next email came with the link. The link asked me to sign-up for a free account. (I don't know if the site linked was the real Evernote, if there is such a legitimate site by that name).

Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, they exist. $96 - $180 per year. Google them.

Related to Anyone getting scam emails for Evernote?

1. What is Evernote and why are people receiving scam emails related to it?

Evernote is a popular note-taking and productivity application that allows users to store and organize notes, images, and other types of content. Unfortunately, scammers often use well-known brands like Evernote to trick people into giving out personal information or money.

2. How can I tell if an email from Evernote is a scam?

There are a few red flags to look out for when determining if an email from Evernote is a scam. These include: spelling and grammatical errors, urgent or threatening language, requests for personal information or money, and suspicious links or attachments.

3. What should I do if I receive a scam email related to Evernote?

If you receive a scam email related to Evernote, the best course of action is to delete it immediately. Do not click on any links or attachments, and do not respond to the email. You can also report the scam to Evernote's customer support team.

4. Can scammers access my Evernote account through these emails?

No, scammers cannot access your Evernote account simply by sending you a scam email. However, if you have clicked on a suspicious link or provided personal information, your account may be at risk. It is important to regularly change your password and enable two-factor authentication to protect your account.

5. How can I protect myself from falling for a scam related to Evernote?

To protect yourself from falling for a scam related to Evernote, it is important to be cautious and skeptical of any emails or messages that ask for personal information or money. You can also verify the legitimacy of an email by contacting Evernote's customer support team directly. Additionally, make sure to keep your account login information secure and up-to-date.