Nerdcore & decaff coffee, & typing in gloves

• Thread starter Clairepie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coffee
In summary, the conversation discusses Clairepie's struggle with Raynaud's, a condition that causes her to have to wear gloves while typing and prevents her from drinking coffee. She finds comfort in Nerdcore music and asks for tips on overcoming unmotivated feelings and for more Nerdcore recommendations. The conversation also briefly mentions a search for gloves that allow for typing and alternative hot drinks for Clairepie.
Clairepie
What's a gal to do?! I can't concentrate on my study, for whatever reason, I'm dying for coffee I can't have & have to type with my gloves on! (Raynaud's is annoying!) Nerdcore is soothing me though, bit of Nursehella & MC Hawking. Any tips for getting over that "can't be arsed" unmotivated feeling? & any more Nerdcore recommendations?

Clairepie x

Physics news on Phys.org
There isn't some other form of treatment besides always having to wear gloves and socks?

Clairepie said:
What's a gal to do?! I can't concentrate on my study, for whatever reason, I'm dying for coffee I can't have & have to type with my gloves on! (Raynaud's is annoying!) Nerdcore is soothing me though, bit of Nursehella & MC Hawking. Any tips for getting over that "can't be arsed" unmotivated feeling? & any more Nerdcore recommendations?

Clairepie x

Hmm. Kind of a surprising coincidence, but here at my work we've been looking for gloves that hold up to rough work yet allow the wearer to type on a computer. What kind of glove do you use?

Can you have tea, or hot chocolate?

Loseyourname (great Plathiness btw I love her) http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Raynauds-phenomenon/Pages/Treatment.aspx I don't use any treatments or meds myself as I have a number of other conditions& can manage it with self-help :-)

Lisab, I have a pair of knitted fingerless gloves that have a patch of suede on the palm, they turn into mittens too!

Anything that contains caffine is right out so no cuppas for me unless I am wrapped up warm, I tend to stick to peppermint & camomile

Hope you are both enjoying your Monday!

Clairepie x

[PLAIN]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs448.ash2/72132_478067235379_739665379_7457828_2838559_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I completely understand the struggle of trying to focus on study while dealing with distractions and physical discomfort. I would suggest finding a comfortable and quiet study space where you can remove your gloves and enjoy a warm cup of decaffeinated coffee. Perhaps try using a voice-to-text software or a stylus pen to type, as it may be easier with gloves on. As for the "can't be arsed" feeling, I would recommend taking short breaks every 30 minutes or so to stretch, move around, and refocus your mind. Additionally, listening to music that you find motivating and calming, such as Nerdcore, can help improve concentration and productivity. Some other Nerdcore artists you may enjoy are MC Frontalot, Mega Ran, and Dual Core. Ultimately, finding a balance between relaxation and productivity is key. Best of luck with your studies!

Related to Nerdcore & decaff coffee, & typing in gloves

1. What is nerdcore music?

Nerdcore is a subgenre of hip hop music that celebrates nerd and geek culture. It often features lyrics focused on topics such as science, technology, and video games.

2. What is decaf coffee?

Decaffeinated coffee is coffee that has had most of its caffeine removed. This is typically done through a process that involves steaming or soaking the coffee beans in a solvent, such as methylene chloride or ethyl acetate.

3. Why do people drink decaf coffee?

People may choose to drink decaf coffee for a variety of reasons, including concerns about caffeine consumption, sensitivity to caffeine, or simply a preference for the taste of decaf over regular coffee.

4. What are the benefits of typing in gloves?

Typing in gloves can help keep your hands warm and protect them from cold weather or dry air. They can also provide a better grip on the keyboard and reduce the risk of developing calluses or blisters from frequent typing.

5. Can you still use touch screens while wearing gloves?

Yes, there are specially designed gloves that allow you to use touch screens without having to take them off. These gloves often have conductive material in the fingertips that mimics the electrical charge of a human finger, allowing touch screen devices to recognize them.