NASA JPL Graduate Fellowship Program

Generally, the program is competitive and the chances of getting accepted may depend on the lab you want to join and your qualifications. As a Canadian citizen attending a Canadian university, you may still be eligible to apply as the program accepts foreign nationals from non-US universities. However, it is important to carefully review the eligibility requirements before applying. Overall, it may be beneficial to gather more information and speak with someone who has direct experience with the program before making a decision to apply. In summary, the NASA JPL Graduate Fellowship Program is competitive and eligibility may depend on the lab you want to join and your qualifications. Foreign nationals from non-US universities, including Canadian citizens, are eligible to apply. It is recommended to gather more information and speak with someone familiar with
nicholls
Has anyone here had any experience with the NASA JPL Graduate Fellowship Program?

I am interested in applying for it, and was wondering how competitive it may be, or what the chances of getting it were. Does it depend on which lab you want to join?

I am also a Canadian citizen attending a Canadian university, so I don't know if that affects my chances. It does say it accepts foreign nationals from non-US universities however. I will also be in my first year of a Master's program, with the interest of taking up a PhD position in the states afterwards.

Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately, I do not have any direct experience with the NASA JPL Graduate Fellowship Program. However, you can find more information about the program and the application process on the JPL website. Additionally, you may also want to reach out to someone at your university who works in the career services office or a faculty member in your department who may have more knowledge about the program.

Related to NASA JPL Graduate Fellowship Program

1. What is the NASA JPL Graduate Fellowship Program?

The NASA JPL Graduate Fellowship Program (GFP) is a prestigious program that provides funding and research opportunities for graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines relevant to NASA's mission and objectives.

2. Who is eligible to apply for the NASA JPL Graduate Fellowship Program?

The program is open to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are enrolled in a full-time graduate program at an accredited U.S. university. Applicants must also have a research interest relevant to NASA's mission and objectives, and must be in their first or second year of graduate study at the time of application.

3. What are the benefits of being a NASA JPL Graduate Fellow?

Selected fellows will receive a stipend, tuition assistance, and a travel allowance to attend conferences and present their research. They will also have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge research projects at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and will have access to mentorship and networking opportunities with JPL scientists and engineers.

4. How long is the NASA JPL Graduate Fellowship Program?

The fellowship is for a maximum of three years, with the possibility of a one-year extension based on performance and availability of funding. Fellows are expected to work on their research project for at least 10 weeks during the summer at JPL, and can also continue their research remotely during the academic year.

5. When is the application period for the NASA JPL Graduate Fellowship Program?

The application period typically opens in the fall and closes in early January. Applicants are encouraged to start their application early, as it requires letters of recommendation and official transcripts. The exact dates for the application period may vary each year, so interested students should regularly check the program's website for updates.