My kind of death - Funeral at Age 28

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Death
In summary: Age: Older than 30, but not too old. Song in my funeral: I don't care, I want it to be quiet.Can't stand it: People who might be there. If I wanted to kill myself: I would jump off a very high place because it could be fun. Tone and rhythm. Sunrise found me hanging from a tree. Death came soon enough, but I was too busy at the moment. Besides, I have a long term contract - at least 99 years, with options to renew. I am sheriff John's ghost.
Lisa!
Gold Member
How: I like just getting up in the morning and see I'm dead! :rolleyes:

Time: 1 of the autumn's mornings!

Age: 28 (Just for the hell of it, I don't mind living longer too o:) )

Funeral: In acold morning with a few people (I hate crowd :-p )

Song in my funeral: No, please. I want to sleap and like everywhere would be
quiet! :smile:

Can't stand it: People who may :cry: . ( :cry: for yourself please
because I'm free now and you're not! :-p )

If I wanted to kill myself: Jumping down from a very high place because it
could be fun(never think of suicide)

Physics news on Phys.org
Ooooohhh, this sounds really familiar!
Tone and rithm. hmmm... :approve:

Sunrise found me hanging from a tree
Well, I woke up in the morn and I was dead
Surprised that I'd gone and went that far
I'm dead as f--k, moment's dark whim, and au revoir

Reaper said: "Why'd you go do that for kid?"
Well, I woke up in the morn and I was dead
Said I'd got all uptight, tied up with my blinkered sight
Forgot this tiny human world ain't all there is

You can trace it with a map
Though the ending may be crap
There is a beauty in the mountains of this troubled country that
Did wake up in the morn and was transformed.

Preferably fire, starting my own pyre,

or perhaps, I would like to take myself some place where the scavengers can recycle what's left - something like the Tibetan Sky Burial that Evo mentioned in some thread.

My children however have expressed distress at such a notion.

Death will come soon enough, but I am too busy at the moment.

Besides, I have a long term contract - at least 99 years, with options to renew. :biggrin:

Heard this one?

The Scottsman says: "When I die, I'd like to go like my father, peacefully in my sleep. Not screaming in terror, like his passengers!"

Supposed to be a comment on Scottish driving habits. (Never been to Scotland so I can't vouch for or against it.)

P.S. Wha' if I'm a-voidin' th' topic? (Supposed to be an emulation of the Sco' waay of speeakin'. Culturally biased and inaccurate, I am sure.)

Last edited:
Whenever/wherever it is I hope to have my boots on and wearing my best war face. :devil:

I'd like to die in bed, but not in my sleep. :biggrin:

I don't care what happens to my body afterwards, really.

I died years ago but nobody noticed. :frown:

I'd like to be killed by an 18-wheel truck driven by the incredible Hulk. :biggrin:

i would die a " let the world know that u r dead " death.!

Astronuc said:
Besides, I have a long term contract - at least 99 years, with options to renew. :biggrin:

+1 :smile:

Ivan Seeking said:
I died years ago but nobody noticed. :frown:
Are you sheriff John's ghost? :eek:

I think we have to build a elderly house in PF!

How can you build an elderly house? Surely it would be new?

Not building! We just should have a forum for elderly people in PF!

If we build an elderly house then we should build a PF day care center to house all you like snot-nosed children under the age of 18. :devil: :biggrin:

Entropy said:
If we build an elderly house then we should build a PF day care center to house all you like snot-nosed children under the age of 18. :devil: :biggrin:

:cry::cry::cry:

I agree with you Entropy. As everyone could see theyre too highsrtung and :cry: alot:

gurkhawarhorse said:

Entropy said:
Well, if we're having an elderly home and a day care centre, then I demand a PF gated community (to keep the moderators out).

El Hombre Invisible said:
Well, if we're having an elderly home and a day care centre, then I demand a PF gated community (to keep the moderators out).
What do you think of a nuthouse? I think we really need it! :rolleyes:

My Kind Of Death...

How: In my sleep after a night well spent. (Barislav, just a thought but you want to make sure you get to finish your activities first :wink:)

Time: Early in the morning before the sun comes up and after I have enjoyed the evening. I'm not a morning person so dying before it happens would be a great death day gift.

Age: What ever age I wind up having to where diapers again errr.. sometime before that that is.

Funeral: Garbage bag at the curb would be fine. I don't particularly care what happens to my body after I die. Maybe donate all my organs. Or my whole body as a cadaver for a medical school.

Song in my funeral: Ummm... what ever is on the garbage trucks radio at the time I guess. :-p

Can't stand it: I would absolutely hate to die by drowning. Just the thought of it really bothers me.

If I wanted to kill myself: If I were terminally ill and ready to die any day then maybe with some form of opiate.

i always liked the idea of drowning... just like, going out very similar to how you came in. when you're born, your lungs are filled with fluids, and you come out choking and gasping for air... going out the same way... mmm... and like, just sinking off into an abyss, seeing the sun get further and further away in a blue haze... and just getting into deeper and darker things, until finally consciousness fails and reality blurs away...

Anybody ever read The Awakening? The chick swims out into the Caribbean until she cannot swim any further. Now that's a death. After reading that, I knew that was how I wanted to go out.

Man, anything BUT drowning, it's not that I'm afraid of water or anything but just being trapped underwater and unable to breathe freaks me out.

Seriously, don't any of you want to die like a man? What about being ripped apart by wolves or die battling a group of robot-ninjas riding T-Rexs?

Also: http://www.realultimatepower.net/ninja/seppuku.htm, pure awesomeness.

To be honest, I did consider just going out into the wild when I get really old and seeing how long I can last. It might be pretty fun.

It's going to be drugs for me, I'm afraid. If I hit 80, I'm going to do all the stuff we're told we can't do in life (most of which I've probably already done, but will have forgotten about due to the onset of senility). Intraveneous acid! Cocaine pump! Dead in three seconds! They won't be able to keep hold my attention at the pearly gates for 3000 YEARS!

TheStatutoryApe said:
How: In my sleep after a night well spent. (Barislav, just a thought but you want to make sure you get to finish your activities first )
Right in end sound like a good time to end it all. :smile:

Gale17 said:
always liked the idea of drowning... just like, going out very similar to how you came in.
A guy I know almost drowned. He says that the pain is worse than the one you experience during a hearth attack.

loseyourname said:
To be honest, I did consider just going out into the wild when I get really old and seeing how long I can last. It might be pretty fun.

Africa or North America? The more I think about it the more I like this idea...I don't want a quick painless death! I hate taking the easy way out...

Ah hell...it's decided. If I find out I'll be dead soon and I am still physically able to take the trip, I'm going to go to Africa and try to kill a lion with my bare hands...

Gale17 said:
i always liked the idea of drowning... just like, going out very similar to how you came in. when you're born, your lungs are filled with fluids, and you come out choking and gasping for air... going out the same way... mmm... and like, just sinking off into an abyss, seeing the sun get further and further away in a blue haze... and just getting into deeper and darker things, until finally consciousness fails and reality blurs away...
Yeah, from what I understand drowning isn't terribly fun. Personally I'm claustro so the idea of being stuck underwater and unable to breathe really scares the **** out of me. Eventually it will be impossible not to breathe and you will breathe in water. From what I understand this is really painful and hopefully you will go into to shock quickly because your lungs will continue pumping the water in and out try to get air that isn't there.
So when you drown be sure to go into shock first and then drown. :wink:
I actually once had an argument with one of my exs about whether it would be worse to die by drowning or by being set on fire. I decided that if I could be doused in gasoline and set on fire I would prefer it over drowning. She thought I was stupid lol.

This thread's pretty depressing. but here is a simple diagram of how I want my death to go

:frown: :frown: :frown:
:frown: :frown:
:frown: :frown: :frown:

I would I have to take drowning over burning. A human being will, by instinct, jump to his/her death rather than be consumed by flames.

deckart said:
I would I have to take drowning over burning. A human being will, by instinct, jump to his/her death rather than be consumed by flames.

Yeah, I don't see what's so bad about drowning...just relax and hold your breath until you pass out and then----->

Being sucked into a black hole.

Or remember the James Bond film where the guy gets squeezed to death by the girl who had sex with him minutes before?

Drowning or burning? I'll take burning...like others have said, I can't stand the thought of being trapped underwater not being able to breath.

Or maybe while being tortured yelling "FREEEEDOOOOM!" (I loved that movie)

That last one...so heroic, sure it would be painful, but hey, ur going to die anyway right? and once your dead, the pain is over, I mean, really, think of the worst physical pain you have ever felt...do you still feel it? Pain is temporary, and i forget the rest of the saying :-p

As for suicide...hmm...sky diving without the parachute, like the other person said, it would be fun until you hit the ground, and by that point you probably will have passed out!

i think drowning truly encompasses the death experience. i thought of it a long time when i was... that way. I wouldn't mind going out in a bit more glory, but if i was dying because i wanted to die, and i was ready to die... i would only even kill myself if i had really already experience everything in life i wanted. and so, i think, if I'm going to die, i want to really experience dying. and drowning... you have like, that feeling of leaving reality... entering the other side, and there's like... no turning back.

as for the pain... my goal would just be to keep my eyes open. first, i wouldn't breathe as long as i could. then probably little breaths of water, cause you can't help instinct. but all the while eyes open. and then, perhaps i'd pass out, or progress to full on coughing underwater... i just want to see it. sides, if you're expecting it... i think its a good way to go...

loseyourname said:
Anybody ever read The Awakening? The chick swims out into the Caribbean until she cannot swim any further. Now that's a death. After reading that, I knew that was how I wanted to go out.
Also the chick in Follett's Code to Zero. (She's a Soviet spy and rather than be prosecuted and get the chair, she just swims out to the ocean.)