Moving: Pros & Cons of My Dream Place

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the woman is considering moving to save money, but her children want to move in with her to save money as well. She's looking at two apartments and one has a steep staircase and large window, while the other has a attached two car garage and kitchen. The problem is that she'll have to pay for the added rent and her children want the one with the bathtub.

Evo said:
Oh, and my BP meds were just changed, (referring to the BP posts earlier in this thread) seems the one I was on was found to cause cancer.
Please tell your doctor if you are planning surgery. Side effects may include death.

Physics news on Phys.org

turbo said:
Please tell your doctor if you are planning surgery. Side effects may include death.
According to a recent drug commercial death is now referred to as "adverse fatal events". I guess that is opposed to "non-adverse fatal events". :rolleyes:

Evo said:
According to a recent drug commercial death is now referred to as "adverse fatal events". I guess that is opposed to "non-adverse fatal events". :rolleyes:
I can come up with a few people whose "fatal effects" I would not consider adverse.

I hate watching the drug commercials that run during the national news. If drugs with perhaps minimal benefits pose a risk of liver-damage or kidney failure, why are they even on the market? I've signed up with a new doctor and will see him next month for the first time. He's an osteopath, and my wife loves his approach. My last doctor was a quick-draw with the prescription pads, and I had to resist his tendency to prescribe drugs. Not a bad guy, but too reliant on drugs, IMO.

Evo said:
Evo Child moved out

Actually I was thinking about whether the new place is not too large for you now ever since Evo Child moved out (if I recall correctly, that happened quite some time ago?).

there is no place to put a tv

You have a TV set? I recall your TV was broken, I don't remember reading about a new one :wink:

I'll save $300+ a month

I would love to be able to do so

turbo said:
I can come up with a few people whose "fatal effects" I would not consider adverse.

I hate watching the drug commercials that run during the national news. If drugs with perhaps minimal benefits pose a risk of liver-damage or kidney failure, why are they even on the market? I've signed up with a new doctor and will see him next month for the first time. He's an osteopath, and my wife loves his approach. My last doctor was a quick-draw with the prescription pads, and I had to resist his tendency to prescribe drugs. Not a bad guy, but too reliant on drugs, IMO.
I went to an osteopath when I was younger, it was my mother's choice, couldn't ever leave without the *necessary* bone alignment cracks.

Evo said:
I might be moving again, back into my old place...
What do I do?
Didn't your old place have a better place for outdoor veggies?

Evo said:
I went to an osteopath when I was younger, it was my mother's choice, couldn't ever leave without the *necessary* bone alignment cracks.
My favorite doctor of all was an osteopath. I was quite accident-prone (OK, I engaged in really risky activities!) and, and whenever a family member or neighbor hauled me down there, he'd say "Alright, up on the table." Followed closely by "What did you do this time?" His older son was a trumpet-player like me, and his younger son was a nut about nature, as was I, so I spent a lot of time at their house. Years later, the younger son told me that his father held me up as an example of how NOT to behave!

Evo said:

hmmm...

Sometimes, when people ask me how I'm doing, I respond with; "I'm not dead. How are you?"

Perhaps in the future, I'll use that line; "I've had no recent adverse fatal events, so I think I'm doing great! And how badly is your day going?"

:-p

Borek said:
Actually I was thinking about whether the new place is not too large for you now ever since Evo Child moved out (if I recall correctly, that happened quite some time ago?).
Yes, she moved out, then a few months later moved back in, then in the middle of the move back in, decided to get her own place again.

You have a TV set? I recall your TV was broken, I don't remember reading about a new one :wink:
Evo Child got one from someone that had an extra one, not new but free.

dlgoff said:
Didn't your old place have a better place for outdoor veggies?
Yes, the bigger patio.

I am glad you moving back to your dream place! :smile:

rootX said:
I am glad you moving back to your dream place! :smile:
Thanks rootX, except the new place has grown on me. But my old place is cheaper and has a bigger kitchen, so I love it too. :cry:

I want both. And now the new place had sentimental value because Evo Child has a bedroom here. :cry:

I'm sure your old place will grow back on you. Soon you won't even remember that you left it!

micromass said:
I'm sure your old place will grow back on you. Soon you won't even remember that you left it!
The fruit bat and I just got back from my old place, the door was open. Yeah, I really do love my old place. And I'll have a fancy new digital refrigerator!

Ok, I can do this.

Evo said:
The fruit bat and I just got back from my old place, the door was open. Yeah, I really do love my old place. And I'll have a fancy new digital refrigerator!

Ok, I can do this.
Get a surge-protector for that new refrigerator! My wife bought a mini-fridge (U-Line) for a couple of hundred bucks earlier this year, and a power surge cleaned out the controller. It will keep things cold to 45 degrees or so, but it is worthless otherwise. Really pretty brushed-stainless mini-fridge that isn't worth crap.

Well, it might be worth crap, but that's about it's top value.

Evo said:

Ok, I can do this.

You have our moral support :biggrin:

If not for the distance we could also drive to you to help. You know, we would sit around and wait for beer, pretending to be moving heavy pieces of furniture.

Borek said:
If not for the distance we could also drive to you to help. You know, we would sit around and wait for beer, pretending to be moving heavy pieces of furniture.
Someone has to be in charge of the move, making sure things go where they belong. It's a hard job to sit there drinking beer and make sure it all gets done right. Thank you for your support! :biggrin:

Here you go Evo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuuI9Dwmcg", from a young lady, who appears to video document just about everything she does...
From your posts, sounds like you have yo-yo'ed back and forth, hopefully this works for you, better for your "green thumb" too if I understood comments in this thread correctly.
Good Luck.

Rhody... :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

I have officially been approved for the move. :cry: It's set for the end of Sept. :cry:

:cry:

Evo said:
I have officially been approved for the move. :cry: It's set for the end of Sept. :cry:

Don't cry :frown: You'll get used to your new place in no time! It's a new start!

micromass said:
Don't cry :frown: You'll get used to your new place in no time! It's a new start!
Give your old Lard a hug. <sniff>

Evo said:
Give your old Lard a hug. <sniff>

Will I get banned if I don't? :-p

* hugs the giant lard *

Evo said:

Oh come on, now, that you decided, it is not time to cry - just think about things that will get better.

It is often said that Poles are pessimistic, while Americans always think positive. Don't ruin that in my eyes!

micromass said:

* hugs the giant lard *
Thanks. <sniff> sticks 10,000 GOOBF cards into micro's computer.

micromass said:

* hugs the giant lard *
You could get banned either way, MM. Evo is an Equal-Opportunity banner with poor aim.

turbo said:
You could get banned either way, MM. Evo is an Equal-Opportunity banner with poor aim.
So true. Micro does hold the record for number of times to be accidently banned.

Evo said:

I'm trying to understand here. Why the tears? Is it just a female thing? :biggrin:

My confusions is due to your first post in this thread while you were still living in your old apartment.
Evo said:
I don't want to, I love my place. It's my dream place.

dlgoff said:
I'm trying to understand here. Why the tears? Is it just a female thing? :biggrin:

My confusions is due to your first post in this thread while you were still living in your old apartment.
I know, now I am spoiled by the bigger place. :cry:

Evo said:
I know, now I am spoiled by the bigger place. :cry:
How much *space* do you need? Your dog is no bigger than a typical dust-bunny! Unless you have grown a lot in the last year or so, you don't need *space* either.

turbo said:
How much *space* do you need? Your dog is no bigger than a typical dust-bunny! Unless you have grown a lot in the last year or so, you don't need *space* either.
I never had enough storage space at the old apartment, and I couldn't use the living room because of the bizarre lack of wall space, you couldn't put a couch in a non-wall space because then you'd be trapped, and the cable for tv was in the corner between the fireplace and a window, so that made no sense. I basically lived in the bedroom. I know once I get back there, I'll be ok, but I'm going to miss the layout and space I have now.

Evo said:
I never had enough storage space at the old apartment, and I couldn't use the living room because of the bizarre lack of wall space, you couldn't put a couch in a non-wall space because then you'd be trapped, and the cable for tv was in the corner between the fireplace and a window, so that made no sense. I basically lived in the bedroom. I know once I get back there, I'll be ok, but I'm going to miss the layout and space I have now.
I definitely understand not having enough space. It's been a problem for me ever since I bought this place over 30 years ago. The way I look at it though is I don't have to worry about being a hoarder. Keep that in mind. I wouldn't want to see you on a television program someday. :wink:

And it's missing a computer with PF on...

micromass said:
And it's missing a computer with PF on...
That's in the super-secret room.

Astronuc said:
That looks very nice, very warm, and very comfy.

However, it's missing stacks of math, physics, engineering and history books. :frown:

Nice dolly. :smile:
Thanks. I don't even know where all of my books are. Yeah, the dolly will come in handy with the move.

Astronuc said:
Nice dolly. :smile:

I have the exact same one at work! :approve:

Math Is Hard said:
I have the exact same one at work! :approve:
We can have a race!