Math-y or Nerdy License Plate Ideas

In summary, the conversation revolves around renewing a license plate and coming up with a new one with a limit of 7 characters. Ideas such as LIMSUP, LIMINF, RLANLYS, PR MTH, AXMFCHC, TPOLOGY, I<3GRPS, I<3RGNS, I<3FLDS, UNBNDED, Q.E.D., Q E D, HENCE, INDUCTN, PHSCSFRM, 101010, 42, 2plu2e5, 1984, peqlnp, p = np, 4euclid, and E MC2 were suggested. The conversation also mentions the difference in cost for personalized plates
ArcanaNoir
It's that time of year again...time to renew my license plate! I currently have a generic one. Boring! So I'm trying to think up a new one. Some ideas I've thought of or heard: LIMSUP, LIMINF, RLANLYS, PR MTH, AXMFCHC.

So I like math. But anything geeky could work. Ideas anyone? (Limit to 7 characters)

Physics news on Phys.org
E MC2 and then put 2 screws after the E? Would work in UK but probably very expensive plate to register!

onewhosighs said:
E MC2 and then put 2 screws after the E? Would work in UK but probably very expensive plate to register!

Thats cute. They don't charge based on the content of the plate in the US, only a single fee for the privilege to make your choice. You just have to choose one that is not already in use.

Oh, over here it is the same, but most plates are in use as people buy them then re sell them!

edit:

Binary for 69

Last edited:
ArcanaNoir said:
It's that time of year again...time to renew my license plate! I currently have a generic one. Boring! So I'm trying to think up a new one. Some ideas I've thought of or heard: LIMSUP, LIMINF, RLANLYS, PR MTH, AXMFCHC.

So I like math. But anything geeky could work. Ideas anyone? (Limit to 7 characters)

TPOLOGY
I<3GRPS, I<3RGNS, I<3FLDS
UNBNDED
Q.E.D. or Q E D, etc...
HENCE
INDUCTN

I'll sleep on it and post if I can think of any others.

Try PHSCSFRM.

Borek said:
Try PHSCSFRM.
No one but Greg should have that!

101010, 42
2plu2e5, 1984
peqlnp, p = np

4euclid

:)

Hi RCNNR! :wink:

These are great :)

Related to Math-y or Nerdy License Plate Ideas

1. What are some creative "Math-y or Nerdy" license plate ideas?

Some creative ideas for "Math-y or Nerdy" license plates could be:

• 2PIR (a play on the mathematical constant pi)
  • NO3 (a nod to the element Nitrogen and its atomic number)
  • IQX10 (a reference to the highest possible IQ score)
  • ALT-F4 (a common keyboard shortcut that closes a program)
  • BEAMMEUP (a popular phrase from Star Trek)

2. Are there any restrictions on using math or nerdy references on a license plate?

Yes, there are certain restrictions and guidelines for personalized license plates, which vary by state. Some states may not allow certain references or combinations that are deemed offensive or inappropriate.

3. Can I customize my license plate with a mathematical equation or formula?

It depends on the state's guidelines for personalized license plates. Some states may allow mathematical equations or formulas, while others may not allow symbols or special characters.

4. How can I make sure my "Math-y or Nerdy" license plate idea is unique?

You can check with your state's department of motor vehicles to see if your desired license plate combination is available. You can also use online resources or apps that generate unique license plate ideas.

5. Can I combine a mathematical reference with a nerdy reference on my license plate?

Yes, you can combine different references as long as they adhere to the state's guidelines for personalized license plates. For example, you could have a combination like "MATHGEEK" or "NERDY1".